Goodbye

"This is it." I said, nonchalantly. She hummed in reply.

I gripped the wheel and took a look at the airport. It was O. R Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg. I was parked and was staring at the rows of cars that was always here.

"Come help me." Psyche got out of my car. I sighed and followed her.

I grabbed her luggage from the trunk. After some struggle, Psyche got a scholarship at a school overseas with help from yours truly. It helps when your an illegal multimillionaire. I bought her the plane ticket and accommodation in Europe.

That's right, rich gang.

"You sure, you can't just stay?" I asked as I lugged her bags through the ticket line.

"And stay for a camp to Durban? No thanks. Plus you know this is my dream." She said back.

That was true. Her dream was to move to Paris when she graduated, get married and have two children, a boy and a girl. We talked about it when we dated before we split up.

Guess who's back?

That's right. Not Death because let's be honest, I can't be Death without Hades. So it's me Jake Thales.

I guess I should explain. So after that blank week, well it was horrible for others, I didn't know what to do. I spent the last two years, two flipping years of my teenage life, working as a all round gangboss.

Ever since The Remnants ended, I started realizing all the terrible things I had done. I murdered, kidnapped, even tortured. Granted I saved many, many people. The entire Remnants I somehow, someway saved from something or someone. Life is just that bad in Aeolus City.

All in all, I was lost.

Psyche had everything planned out and I felt guilty for the pain I put her through. Paying a couple million for her dream to happen now was worth small penny's.

"Yes I know." I mumbled as I handed the clerk her plane ticket. After that we sat down and waited for her planes arrival.

"Thank you for paying. I know it isn't cheap." I rolled my eyes at her comment. She teased me about being rich because I used to downplay it. Now not so much.

"It was nothing." I answered playfully.

"Really?" She sat up, getting into her normal act of hitting that subject. "You bought me a plane ticket to Paris, a apartment and you promised to fly my family up when they want to see me. I'm pretty sure you can only do that when your rich."

I rolled my eyes. Instead of answering the way I normally do, I said, " Your worth it."

She sensed the mood change and leaned back with me, "Are you going back to the academy?"

She was asking because I didn't go to school the last three months even though I passed grade nine.  I was supposed to start IT, Business Studies and Physics this year. Instead I ended up killing thousands of people. I didn't particularly know what to do with my life now.

"I have to. I have no where to go except school and my pad. Honestly I don't really care anymore."

"And Zoe?" She looked me in my eyes. I couldn't lie to her even when she's angry at me for taking her English book.  I shook my head.

Over the intercom, they announced that her plane was ready for boarding.

"I like your hair now. Before it used to be this afro mess but now you can actually run your hands through it."

"Thanks." I said nonchalant.

"You know I love you, right?" She told me in front of the boarding gate.

"I love you too. I just don't know what to do now." I answered, hesitant, my voice cracking. She grabbed my shoulders and pulled me in for a hug.

"Your Jake Thales, number one player in Aeolus city. You'll work it out. I know you will."

Then she pulled away, took her bags from me and walked through the boarding gate. But not before turning my way and giving me one more goodbye wave. I returned it with a half heartedly. Then she was gone and that tear finally fell from my eye.

***

I sat in my RX-7 for the next five minutes exploring the void in my life. I sold the Ferrari and bought me this beauty. I didn't see the need to keep the sport cars without being a gangleader.

I left the airport after my recovery, promising that I'll deal with my emotions later. It was ten o'clock and I was heading to school. My bag was in the trunk.

Never would I ever guess that school would change as much as it did.