Simple

Just wow.

This mansion is huge.

Wait, my mansion.

Hallo and I hobbled to the second floor. We traveled from room to room trying to find the kitchen. That's where any sensible person would put the first aid kit. After checking three rooms out (two rooms and indoor cricket nets), I suggested we split up.

"It would be faster plus we won't get lost. The acoustics is amazing in here." ,I reasoned. "We'll pick a hall and split up in it. As each one enters a room, we call out what it is and move on."

She thought about it, then nodded, "I'm taking the lead."

I smirked, "Your the boss."

"Damn right, chicken." , she turned for effect and continued down the hall with me hot on her trail.

The next five minutes were spent with both of us checking out rooms. I was at a slower pace though because my head was paining. I was also at a loss of breath but I forged on.

Hallo hadn't left me though. She remained close just in case and kept glancing at me. She was worried. I love her.

Wait, what?

Immediately, after saying it something changed. When someone dies, their hearts are turned to stone becoming cold. They can't feel anything but numbing pain. What was happening to me was the complete opposite. My heart had hardened into an gem. Years of suffering and pain and this sudden release of dopamine+ seratonin+oxytocin had at the last second turned the cold stone into a gem.

The vibe was different now and Hallo noticed. How, I don't know.

I decided to collapse right there. Not from pain but from the new thing in my chest.

Immediately, Hallo appeared by my side. "This is taking to long. There must be a faster way."

She thought the pain brought me down. I had experienced worse when I made Rose. Still my body wouldn't stay up for much longer. I was still human and I needed blood.

"I c-could summon some of those demonic pigeons to find the room." , I suggested.

Hallo shook her head, "That's a terrible idea."

Suddenly I remembered something when I first moved into the mansion. Something about weapons for the demigods need.

An idea popped into my head. I concentrated and barely whispered, "Sword."

Instantly, a sword appeared floating midair. It wasn't anything special considering it had appeared literally from thin air.

"Okay, not that I don't like swords appearing out of nowhere but what is the point of that?" ,Hallo asked.

I wheezed. It was getting harder to breathe. "K told me that any weapon I would need would appear if I asked. Of course it only works in the house but if I can get it to be a little more specific..."

She worked out the rest and her face lit up with realization. Again I mumbled,"Flaming sword."

Again, instantly, it appeared. Okay so the house, which can somehow make weapons, can do specifics.

"Okay," I said, louder than before. ",can I please have a sword that can take me to the nearest first aid kit?"

A wooden sword appeared, hovering a foot off the floor.

"Why does it look so... mundane?" ,Hallo asked expectedly.

"It has a deeper purpose so it looks simply. The other sword was normal, simple, because it has no deep purpose." ,I explained.

She smirked,"So that's the reason you look simple."

I rolled my eyes which hurt, "Just grab the sword and it should tug you all the way to the first aid kit."

She grabbed the sword and it immediately started tugging her along. She turned back to see myself lugging my body her way.

The sword pulled us down two halls and up a floor. This wing had one door on the left and three on the right. The sword tugged us to the door on our left. Hallo swung the door to reveal a gourmet kitchen.

I collapsed next to the door as Hallo dived into the kitchen. About a year later, she appeared with the first aid kit.

She threw it open, grabbed the antiseptic and threw it on the wound. For some strange reason I didn't hiss. She started cleaning the dried blood and threw powder on it. Then she wrapped it and my entire head in bandages.

In that moment, I remembered that I have powers. I imagined everything that makes life come into me and instantly I felt better. As if I was a battery being charged.

I looked up to see Hallo staring down at me, worry clear in her eyes. I smiled, remembering all those thoughts that passed through my mind.

This girl...

"Hey, now don't think I'm crazy but that room is calling me.", I said. She smiled, clearly satisfied with me.

I got up and grabbed her as I moved to the door on the right side. As I entered, I realized all three doors were connected to one room and the room was a temple. Sacrificial fires hung on the walls. Carved in stone on the walls were roses. In the corners were lettuces, myrtle and pearls. In the center of the room, carved in stone too, was a sparrow and a larger sacrificial fire. It was clear that the sacrifice was meant to be made here.

"What is this place?"   ,Hallo asked, dumbstruck.

My lips were dry, "This is a revolving temple. It changes to the god you need to sacrifice to. Right now, it seems to be Aphrodite's temple."

"Aphrodite?", Hallo squeaked, getting the same thought I was getting. It was the first time I heard Hallo squeak.

"Well, I guess we need to make a sacrifice and lucky for us we know where the kitchen is now." I smirked.

Hallo rolled her eyes, "I swear Jake if this is some trick..."