Remnant Alert

After walking Hallo home, I walked myself home deep in conversation with Rose. Don't worry, I didn't look crazy. Rose was still inside me and we were talking via wavelengths.

Ah, that sounds cool.

Anyways, by six I made it to the mansion. I just discovered that walking takes forever no matter what the pace.

"Took you the whole day did it?" K's voice came from the doorway where he stood. He was wearing a grey shirt and jeans.

"Say," I hesitated before continuing. ", Exodus said something about you guys watching my brother, is that true?"

He nodded, his face not changing. "Well most of the watching was done by Ex and the others but yeah. I had a real good laugh when you came into the picture, blindsiding everybody."

So it was true. The gods had watched Nathan, my little brother, for a long time.

"How long did you guys watch him for?" I asked. By the look on his face, he immediately knew who I was talking about.

"The first years of his life. Poorly wasted, if you ask me."

"Why?" was my next question.

"In short, they thought he was you. Zeus was looking for a person who could host a Olympian. We all thought it was your brother but it was you. Man, that was a rough day." K chuckled, deep in thought.

"Wait are you telling me I was born without power and blood?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes, it's rare but sometimes powers develop. I only saw it once but yeah." K answered.

I stared at him, trying to contemplate what this could mean for me when blazing light hit me. I turned towards the light before, immediately regretting, turning away again. Once the lights turned off, I looked back to the see the BMW E24. It was clearly old since it's orange paint was streaked away in various places. It's lights mismatched but it still looked good especially with The Remnant symbol in place of the BMW badge.

"Remnant alert, " K shouted, helpfully. A man stepped out and unfortunately, I knew him.

"Jake Thales, explain yourself now.", Drake Sydell yelled as he marched towards me.

This ladies and gentlemen is Drake Sydell. Not really a gangster, not really a friend but he had a finger dipped into The Remnants which is probably the reason he was in front of me.

"Why are you here, Drake?", I asked not hiding my emotions.

"Better question, why is there no Remnants in Gauteng?" He asked angrily. I looked at K not appreciating our guest's attitude.

"Because there is no one to run it." I said through gritted teeth which didn't seem to help Drakes mood.

"So get out there and be that person. What do you think I gave you all that money for? To play mansion with your g-uh friend?"

That last part was him about to insult K but wisely deciding against it in the end.

"I assure you, Drake, your money was not touched during the construction of this here mansion." K said in a diplomatic voice.

Drake was still not pleased.

"What about the other gangs? What's stopping them from taking Gauteng? Your leaving it for our enemies!"

"Enough!" My voice carrying with it power. "There will be no Remnants nor any other gang touching Gauteng."

A devilish grin found its way onto my face or what I hope is devilish. "In fact, let everyone here these words. Gauteng is mine. Let everyone know this and cower in fear at my message. Go! "

At go I felt a massive release of power from my body. Almost immediately black pools of energy started seeping out of the ground by the hundreds until the entire lawn was covered by them. They then took the shape of birds. Not ravens or crows. No, pigeons. Probably the entire city's population of pigeons. There were that many in South Africa.

"You will leave this place and tell everyone my message. No matter where they are, find them and tell them." The pigeons picked flapped their wings and took flight, all thousands of them. "Now, Drake, you will leave and never return because as you've seen I have everything under control."

And the next minute the training estate was filled with dust and black feathers.

A\N
When Jake asked if he had been born without power or blood, he meant godly power or blood. See he was born without powers or blood and you needed godly blood to develop those powers. So he was normal as a baby and when he was four/five he started developing powers and godly blood.

A teaser for you to rake your brains. How did he get powers? Who gave him blood?

Do comment if you don't understand, vote and yeah.

Enjoy.