Sky Darkening

"So will I be seeing you again?" I asked eating my late breakfast. Aeela smiled.

"Of course. This is after all your parents legacy. I just need to get back to my little brother."

I took it in. It had been some while since I've seen little Vills. I'd heard he turned into quite the trouble maker.

"Alright then."

They headed to their expensive cars. I mentally shook my head. Only the The Remnants drove Maserati's, Porches and Lamborghini's. We're dope that way, you know? 

I haven't told them about my dreams because honestly, I don't need them. I had questions to answer by myself. All that had to be done, had to be done alone. I watched all their cars leave.

I sighed, quickly got dressed and headed to my car. It was passed nine and school had started at least two hours ago. Yet for some reason I was still going instead of ditching. I guess a part of me knew that the next step would happen at school.

As I threw my stuff on the passenger side of my car I realized I'd forgotten my phone. Not that it was important but I do like reading wattpad in boring classes so it was actually essential for my day. When I picked it up however I saw that I had gotten a whatsapp which is unusual since I literally have no friends. But I immediately knew who it was when I saw the profile picture with the puppy filter being used.

You know you are so late , Hallo messaged.

I know and I'm on my way so don't worry, I replied.

Hey, do you mind if I ask you a question? She immediately replied. I realized I had spent the last couple minutes just staring at my phone.

Yeah sure, I replied again and immediately smiled when I saw her next message.

How come you aren't chicken on the phone?

I kept smiling as I finally resumed what I was doing. I got into the car and left the radio off. I wanted to drive in silence which is strange since I never do that. I had put the sub woofer in here for the exact opposite. In fact, I was thinking I needed a new car. This one just oozed gang-bad boy when that wasn't me at least not anymore. And as I drove to school I wondered what a normal bad boy drives. Probably a Lamborghini or Ferrari but I was thinking something different.

That didn't mean I drove 'safely' to school.

I revved as the schools guard opened the gates. I drove down the road making a general ruckus and rattling windows in the process. I floored it in the corner and let the tail lose and drifted into my parking under the tree. I'm so glad I'd mastered that. The first car I did that in did not survive.

I grabbed my bag and headed to the class not bothering to get a late slip from the office. As I crossed the field my head was suddenly pierced with voices. To not look weak, I stopped in my tracks instead of wincing and holding my head. The voices were the different students which could see me through the windows of the building.

Who does he think is?  Said one girl.

Yeah, who drives fast and furious cars anyway? Said her friend.

Did you hear what he did to Lucas?  Said a new girl from a completely different group.

Yeah, who does he think he is messing with our Greek god? Said her friend.

I heard he killed his entire gang ,Said a guy next to her.

Shhh! We're not supposed to talk about that ,Warned the girl who made the first comment.

Why not? It's the truth. Ever since the Thales moved to Aeolus, we've had trouble ,Said the guy again.

Yeah! Apparently, his father blew up buildings and killed innocent people. Like father like son, I suppose ,Said the one of the girls.

My anger peaked when they mentioned my father. I turned so fast to the direction where the voices were coming from , how I knew where I don't know. I'd read that people see red when they are so angry but with me my visions zoomed into the group. I startled them when my eyes met theirs and even more so when the glass shattered into pieces. In fact all the windows for that classroom shattered.

I stared as they all backed up in fear. Tri- I mean K's words echoed in my head-

'With you being lost it is just a matter of time before the power between us becomes unbalanced and if it is me that comes out on top, which it will be because let's face it I'm me, then your powers will be worse than they were when Hades was still in you.'

He was right and it was happening faster than I expected. I needed to find a way to stop this.

Then I saw Zoe running towards me.

My heart disappeared in that moment. Any fear, panic or anger I had disappeared the moment I saw her.

"Are you okay?" She asked, her breaths heavy and fast. "I felt some sort of power and came to see if you were the source."

Then my anger returned. What she said right there made it come back with his whole squad.

"Where were you yesterday?"  It came out so harshly, it shocked even me.

She was taken aback before answering, " I was with my friends which I'm always with."

"Where were you when I needed you? Where were you when I was fighting that dumbass? Where were you when my friends had to tell me all of the things that changed here when you could've done that? Where were you when I needed cheering up?" I looked around as all the trees and weeds died and turned black. "You never talk to me anymore, Zoe. If somebody had to look at us they would assume I'd was a neglectful boyfriend when the truth is you never tell me anything."

"I never wanted this!" She shouted immediately. " I never wanted to host a goddess. I never wanted to be dragged into a gang war. I never wanted to kill my best friend!  I never wanted  to battle my own boyfriend. You dragged me into this and my parents almost divorced because of the Nyx family history. I want a normal life and school is the only normal part of it at the moment. I never wanted this."

"Don't you want us?" The earth trembled and the sky darkened with my words. " You say you want a normal life? I know that relationships are special and unique but they are normal. So don't you want us?"

She didn't say anything but we knew it was true. She was a Nyx and the Lyons were coming after her, I had to act. Me acting had escalated the situation fast. The Nyx's couldn't be with the Thales. It was the way with my father and her mother, my grandfather and her grandmother and most importantly, my great grandfather and her entire clan. The Thales were not to be with Nyxs.

"I love you and you me. Please understand, Jake." She begged and tried to touch me but I stepped away. The world became itself once more. The sky back to blue and the earth had stopped trembling.

Then I felt the change. It was like a root that had stopped the Earth from moving. This was it. My place was being found and it was what I said next that assured it,

"Goodbye Zoe and remember, it's Death."