Chamber of Thales

Back to Jake's P. O. V

My eyes widened and I stumbled out of Hallo's grasp, forgetting that I actually needed her help standing. This was a good lesson to learn after I fell on my face.

I can't believe I just asked Hallo out?

"I'm s-sorry. I shouldn't have asked you that." I said quickly before realizing how messed up that sounded. I turned to see her expression still the same: shocked.

"Look it's not that I don't like or that I don't want to ask you it's just, what, this is our third chamber? And we still have four more to go. I'd rather finish before asking you out." Her eyes clouded over with realization.

I grabbed her hand. "I want you to see me. I know you've seen the horrible side of me these few chambers but that's just a fraction. I want you to see it. All of it."

She nodded and gave me a small smile to show me that she was okay. I bet I gave her heart a run for it's money but she would never admit that. That's why I loved Hallo.

" Do you need more time to rest or should we keep going?" I asked. She nodded, her hand still in mine.

As we walked to the next door, I thought about the few Chambers I actually have been through. Pothos the love god, Exodus the titan of life and Phobos the god of fear. Out of millions, those three.

Pothos taking Rose had broken me. To lose the single most important thing to exist is simply unheard of but it reminded me how easy it is for someone or something to take something from me. Also how much I need to protect those important things that are so dear to me.

Living as Exodus was like a dream and nightmare. Gaia was an evil goddess but the way she cared for Exodus showed why. She was only evil because she cared so much for her children who suffered at the hands of the gods. And to have Tartarus as a father? That is the ultimate combination. It was like Typhoon was the trial run and Exodus was where it was perfected.

In a short amount of time, I lived his entire life in Greece. His only demigod son, his many battles and gods he had for children. The way he conceived them is a whole other story.

Then he turned into Trigon and lived in Rome. He was a complete opposite of Trigon. I lived as him as he destroyed the world and took the Olympian thrown.

Last, Phobos showed me that I was afraid of sacrificing but that made no sense. I had sacrificed so much but he had said the same thing. I had sacrificed a lot he said but not anything worthwhile.

What was worthwhile?

I guess I would find out.

I stepped into the next chamber and just like the ones before, darkness.

My breathes echoed in the vast expanse. Hallo's form wasn't visible but I could feel her, the energy pulsing off her.

Suddenly I was in the sky and the floor was gone. I looked around for anything but all I could see...was the sky.

"Whoa." I gasped out. The sky was a different blue to what it normally was. It was as if it had not been polluted. It was still pure.

"Where, the heck, are we Jake?" Hallo asked, her tone showing me she felt exactly the same way.

The wind picked up and carried noises with it. In a flash, my sword and Hallo's dagger was out. Her hair caught in the wind.

"Who's there?" I shouted but the wind killed it before it could travel.

"Jake..." Hallo's voice was uncertain.

"Hello Thales." A voice came from the wind. I didn't have an idea who it belonged to but I didn't like it. I grabbed Hallo's collar and pulled her towards me.

"Who are you?" I asked. A chuckle came with a stronger gust of wind than the last.

"But you know me, Jake. I'm your father." The sounded young and fresh.

"Unless your a ghost and your name is Henry then your not my father." Hallo tensed in front of me. She knew I didn't like talking about my parents, only knowing that they died when I was young.

The chuckles became a massive, booming laugh. "But I am, youngling. I am the first father. A shame really. You seem to know every other god but you can't remember my name."

I sheathed my sword not seeing the point to keep it out, uh, so to say. "If I need to know your name and your here, then it means you must be important. So tell me why your so important?"

If it was possible, I was pretty sure the sky was grinning. "I could tell you my name and I could tell you what god I am but you need to find that on your own. But I could tell you why I am important to you, Jake, it's because you'll need my power soon. Very soon."

The crazy thing was I believed him. I would need his power. Once again, Jake Thales would find himself in a do or die situation where he will need some strange god's help.

"What will I need to do obtain your power?" I asked the wind.

"An eye for an eye." He immediately said.

I immediately understood. "Turn around, Hallo."

"What are you going to do?" She asked.

"Just turn around." I grabbed her dagger and turned her around.

I braced myself and slowly slipped the point under my eyelid. Then I pushed it deeper until it slipped through. I let instinct take over and soon I was on my knees and the dagger was out, bloody.

The white slimy orb laid in my left hand. The black pupil was spinning like a black hole.

I didn't even scream.

Take my eye, I spoke in my mind, and give me yours.

My right eye floated out of my left hsnd leaving it bloodied. The wind wrapped around it till it faded it away.

"You have sacrificed a great deal but have gained even more. Remember this day, remember this blue." The wind disappeared and so did the blue sky.

We stood in a lit room and before I could warn Hallo, she turned around to see me with one eye and a gaping hole.