Cheering

Jake's P. O. V

The three sport cars bobbed and weaved throughout the busses which must of annoyed the drivers.

I could feel the eyes of everybody on me, sense how fast their hearts were beating. Many were angered, scared and annoyed by the Remnants. But I knew no one would say anything, they were too scared of us.

I was in a mood. I knew it was hard to love something as evil as me but not hearing her say it hurt deeper than I thought it would. That and the fact that she asked me to repeat myself after I said it. So I took my anger out on the road.

It wasn't like Aeela or Liam to object. They wreaked havoc. We drifted around cars on the highway and raced one another up and down. Even doing tricks which caused quite the traffic jam but eventually we neared out destination.

The last stretch of highway layed before us. Naturally that's when everything went wrong.

We were driving when the sky darkened. Two blobs of black appeared next to the busses before taking form of two hellhounds.

The creatures, that were once my pets, shoved the girls bus around. I grabbed my phone that I barely use and punched in Aeela's number in. 

"Aeela!" I yelled. "Keep my car going. I need to get out."

"I gotcha ya'." She answered before the line went dead. I slammed the breaks as the Lambo crashed into the back of my Ferrari. She would keep the speed while I did my thing.

I opened the door and gripped the roof. We were going fast alright, with the addition of tire squeals and howls. I hoisted myself up onto the roof. Wind ripped at my hair and hoodie.

The bus was just about a car away and the hellhound was even closer. The Audi was dealing with the other one which was on the opposite side of the bus. I'll have to deal with that one later.

I drew my sword, the red blade giving me a little confidence. I jumped from the roof onto Aeela's hood. I climbed onto the roof, took a deep breath and jumped.

One, two and I was on the hellhound's back. I drove my blade deep into the monsters throat.  It howled before starting to disintegrate. I quickly jumped onto the bus.

My hands clawed for a handhold before driving the sword into the bus. Leave it to the bus driver to swerve while I'm hanging. This led me to one of my hands losing it's grip. I hung on for dear life. I didn't want to fall and survive to tell the tale.

I swung back, kicked and just about grabbed the edge of the roof. I lost my footing but it didn't matter, I had a grip.

"Stupid Hellhound." I grumbled. "Stupid bus. Stupid hands. Stupid legs."

I climbed up and stood, even though it was dangerous standing on a moving vehicle. Strange sounds came from under me. It took me awhile for me to realize it was cheering. The students were cheering and shouting my name.

I focused on the task. I ran at full speed and jumped. Unfortunately, I overdid it and shot over the hellhound. I twisted in midair and thrust my hands out. Blue chains shot out and dived straight in the hellhound. It howled and shoved the bus as a reaction.

I skied from behind the hellhound. The ride was uncomfortable and my legs were screaming in agony. Not much that I could do from back here so I just drew my sword and threw it.

The blade went straight through the hellhound and it disintegrated. I lost my footing but lucky for me, I fell into the Lamborghini. That being said, I fell with a thickening crunch, leaving a Jake-sized dent.

The Lambo slowed down as an explosion shook the bus next to us. As we pulled back, I caught the sight of my Ferrari flipping in a fireball.

I sighed and cradled my broken form. Even after everything, I just had a few bruises and scrapes but nothing else. I stepped off the damaged R8.

A teacher, Aeela and Hallo ran over as I staggered around. I straightened and cracked my back.

"It's been a while since I've had a fight like that." I stretched as the other gawked at me. My wounds were already healing and I felt much better too.

"Your okay?" the teacher asked. I nodded and avoided Hallo completely.

Aeela smirked. "Well done, Jake. That was something. Sorry about the car."

"Nah it's okay." I assured her. "I think I just want to sleep on the bus."

They nodded though Hallo seemed reluctant.

Aeela gave me a kiss on the cheek. "See you later, King."