Only You

I sat on a fallen beam, blood dripping from a cut on my head, trying to recall what happened yesterday.

Apparently, from what K told me, I had released about a couple of thousand pigeons to go talking to the people of Gauteng. I did remember something about black feathers and words in bold. Then I went into the house and sat down with my legs crossed. Apparently, I was so angry I went into a hibernation state during which power began to store itself throughout the halls of the mansion. K was clearly more curious than worried as he had left me for the duration of the night and most of the morning.

When I was satisfied(in my unconscious state), I drew in all that power at which K started worrying but too late when I sucked everything in and blew the entire mansion up.

Now, in the present, I sat with an gash leaking blood with K standing next to me.

"Well, there goes a perfectly good mansion." ,said K.

I glared at him, "Yeah, I can see that."

"This was a lot of power. More than I expected at your level. Maybe we should do some power control next lesson." ,K mumbled to himself.

"Can you just..." ,I snapped back angrily but then realized my mistake. "Can you just go say sorry to Athena for me? I don't want to get smithed while I'm asleep."

Note to self, never act like your friends with a Titan or any immortal. But that didn't count for K. Right now, he was basically my father.

Wow, I never thought of it like that.

K smiled though and in a blink was gone.

I resumed sitting. My vision was being constantly interrupted by blood from the wound on my head. Apparently, I could still get hurt while using my power. That was new.

"What happened to your head?" ,a voice surprised me. I looked up to see Hallo panting, covered in dirt.

I immediately got up and rushed to her, "What happened to you?"

She gave me a 'daft' look, "Oh, I don't know. How about the demonic pigeons sprouting words in your voice? Or the giant pieces of your mansion falling around the school?"

"You don't exercise do you?", I noted her sweaty figure. She shoved me hard and I went stumbling back.

"I don't do sport so back off. Mind telling me what happened?"

I smirked and so I did tell her everything; about Drakes visit and what happened to the house.

"You really ran all the way from school?", I said, still shocked by that fact.

"Yeah, you idiot. Mass panic plus stuff that only happens in myths means something happened with you. Be glad, I blew off my parents for you.", she said with a small smile.

"If you want, I can give you a ride home." ,I offered. She raised an eyebrow.

"With what car?" ,she said with humor.

"I could always teleport you?" ,I tried again.

"So you can teleport now?" , she asked.

"Yeah, I used to do it a lot when I hosted Hades. When he took over my body, that was one of the ways he killed so many Remnants. That's how Toni died." ,I admitted honestly, reminiscing about the 'old' days.

She gave me a small sad smile, "So if you teleport me, where will we end up?"

"Well, maybe in front of your gate since I've been there before. Or worse, I could over shoot it and land in your bedroom or living room. It's a give and take really." I admitted honestly, again.

"Yeah, let's not do that. Don't want my father catching you." ,Hallo's eyes settled on my wound. "You idiot, what did you do?"

I raised an eyebrow, "What makes you think I did this to myself?"

"Because your the only one that can do that." ,She immediately responded. "And me that is."

My eyes traveled down her figure. We had come so far in these short few days. I was less of chicken than before and she was now the most important person in my life. K and Exodus were a close second.

Her form was covered with flecks of dirt and small feathers. Small wet blotches of sweat littered her sweater and it was extremely hot.

The way she blinked at an inconstant rate...

The way she ran her tongue over her dry lips...

"Well, that's not strange at all." ,she mumbled. I thought she was talking about me checking her out but she wasn't.

In fact, she was talking about the mansion around us that had rebuilt itself. I looked away from Hallo and gazed around. Good as new.

I said a silent prayer of thanks to Exodus, Trigon and Athena.

At that moment my knees decided to buckle. I guess I had lost a lot of blood from the gash on my head which was still leaking blood. Lucky for my face Hallo caught me but I still had to support some of my weight as I was much taller than she was.

"So," I started, dryly. ",how about a tour of the house?"

"Yeah," she rolled her eyes. ",how about you show me the infirmary?"

I nodded and we began to hobble towards the doors.

"Just a heads up, I have no idea where what is or even if we have an infirmary."