Chamber Of Selena

Once again, everything faded to reveal a new scene.

My parents stood next to each other, standing on a rooftop watching the view with their backs to us.

Now next to each other, I could tell that my mother just reached my father's shoulder. Unlike most, what they radiated wasn't true. They even had a sense of gravity around them that drawed you in. Which is expected since they are hosting planetary-sized gods.

I left Hallo and stepped next to them. I was taller than my father by a foot. Then I turned to my mother to see her swollen belly. My eyes widened at the sight of her pregnant.

I wondered if it was me.

"His coming." My mom whispered, almost to herself.

My dad nodded. "He will always come, my Centre, but do not worry. Our children will be fine."

She glared at him. "Don't give me that bullshit Henry! I want to live to take care of Jake. His my boy."

They both turned around. I first thought they were looking at Hallo and she seened to think that too. But then she moved out of their line of sight which revealed a small boy, sitting on the edge.

The ball had to be two or three. He had long, curly black hair which seemed impossible for his age. He wore a hooide and shorts, the hoodie having The Remnants symbol on it. When he turned, probably felt the weight of his parents eyes, his black eyes faded in the night making him look almost evil but with his innocent smile, he looked ordinary.

But he would come to be anything but innocent.

My parents stared at me, younger me, with bittersweet eyes. "He will be fine, my love. Can you not sense it? The gods watch us. If anything is to happen they would intervene."

My mother looked up to the sky as if she could see the gods watching them. I remember Trigon saying that the gods watched us, looking for future candidates that could host Olympians.

" I do not care for the gods but what makes you think they'll watch out for him?" My mother asked.  My father laughed.

"He is special. He will be the strongest of them all but until then..." He left my mother's side and kneeled in front of me, putting his hand on my younger self's head. " You will have to go for a while without your powers, boy. One more trick on the gods but you will be strong. I have made sure of that. "

I touched my stomach in the same place my father's hand was in the moment. A tugging sensation occurred in the place and I felt power being released, my father's and mother's power. I looked at my father.

My guess, he was putting a fraction of the power he and my mother had. But also locking that power with the addition of all my power.

Now I understood, my father locked the power away to get back at the gods. The question was why though?

He stood up and ruffled my hair before walking back to my mother. He threw a arm over her shoulder. "It's time, my love."

She nodded, a tear falling. She walked over and kissed baby Jake's head. "If anything happens, remember that we will always be there for you, in the earth and in the dark. And if anyone gets in your way, take them out and get yourself a girl. Your an angel, my little Thales, and you deserve a halo."

Halo... Halo... Hallo

She got up and returned to my father. "Goodbye, my Little Thales."

And with a flash worth a nuclear explosion, my parents were gone and in their place, a little baby layed. Baby Jake walked over and picked up the baby.

He looked at the baby funny. "I'll call you Nathaniel, brother."

My eyes widened as I realized what the memory was. The day my parents died. The day Nathan, my brother, was born. The day I was left behind.

The scene faded and we found ourselves in a room made of marble. Torches lined the walls and the air was strangely clean. A woman stood in the back.

I collapsed, overcome by the two memories. Hallo cradled me as I cried.

"It's okay, Jake, it's okay. You've got your Hallo now. You'll be alright." She joked and I had to admit, it was nice having her.

I wiped my tears. "I can't believe that I named Nathan much less the fact that I forgot."

"Ah," said the woman, stepping forward. ", but you always will remember. These are the craters that are embed in your soul, Jake."

She stepped closer and I could finally see her. Her skin was a olive color. Her hair was brunette with her ends white. Her eyes glowed a whitish blue and her nose had a splash of freckles on. Though beautiful, she seemed cold. Her appearance making her colder somehow.

I stood and helped Hallo up. Hallo spoke first. "Are you the goddess of this chamber?"

She graced us with a perfect smile. "Indeed I am. My name is-"

"Selena." I finished. Hallo raised a perfect eyebrow.

"Gomez?" Hallo asked. "She looks like Selena Gomez."

"I'm afraid I am not your pop star. My name is Selena, Titan of the Moon." Selena introduced herself.

"I thought the old Titans had faded?" Hallo asked.

"We faded but not completely." Selena answered. "My brother, Helios, for instance faded into a immortal fire. He is somewhere, slumbering, angry."

"Why are you here?" I asked, reminding her of her duty. She smiled.

"For you, Jake. To remind you of your core, your craters, what fluid runs in you. The moon is like that, my dear. It is condensed inside, damaged but powerful. Like you."

"I don't understand why that involves memories of my parents." I argued.

"Because they are your core. They were your parents, of course, and so they passed on the power that runs in your blood." She explained. "But they also passed on something more, something more primordial."

"Primordial? You mean from their gods?" I asked.

She nodded. "Indeed Jake. You saw now that your father gave you power. Power from Gaia and Tartarus."

"Already the power of Hades and Exodus. Now with Gaia and Tartarus, you are stronger than any god, any immortal. There is something else in your blood but you have to figure that one out."

"Why do I need all this power? What will I do?" I asked, desperation clear in my voice.

Selena smiled sympathetically. "Your time has yet to come, young Thales. You have yet to take your real place in the universe but you soon will and you'll need your powers to get there. All of them."