My Rose

Of all the sounds...

All that time concentrating, bleeding, sweating and the thing that I had tried so hard to make came into existence with a...

... Snap!

I could barely look at the thing before my body completely numbed over. I bet if I could feel anything I'd probably be dead which was something I didn't want to feel. I knew that things that weren't supposed to be broken were definitely breaking. I was rapidly blinking because of sweat and blood. I discovered that the blood was actually coming from my left eye.

When I went to move my body swayed before falling on the ground. Great I couldn't move my body. I guess that's the good side of not feeling anything because that would've felt like a bitch!

Nonetheless I laughed. I could see Trigon watching me in awe. And then my eyes settled on the most perfect thing I've ever seen.

It was a rose. About a foot high. It's stem was firm until the top where it tilted slightly. It had one picture perfect leaf but no thorns. It's petals looked to be made up of glass, refracting the light into a rainbow of colors but delicate and precious. Not hard and sharp.

It was perfect and I had created it.

Now I know some of you won't think that this rose isn't really that much. That's because you weren't there. You didn't have to struggle with the words to describe such perfection and I'm not talking about your girlfriend/boyfriend. So back off my rose dude.

Anyway, it took a while to take my attention off my rose but when I did, I heard clapping. I positioned (made my body fall) my body towards K. He stood there with a grin on his face, clapping, laughing.

"Well there you go, one perfect life in exactly one hour. You are officially the first and only person to create perfect life ever."

I laughed but didn't say anything. I guess I had broken my diaphragm as well which is probably why my laugh sounded like a cackle drowning.

K noticed this and knelt down and touched my forehead. For a moment everything came together and I almost blacked out from all the pain rushing back. K quickly took his hand away and grimaced,

"You are completely destroyed on the inside. I'm going to put you to sleep now. Hopefully by the time you wake up you'll be healed."

He was about to put his hand back on my head, probably to put me to sleep(whatever that meant) but my eyes grew in panic as I tried to stop him. He stopped and looked at me. I gestured with my eyes to the my rose as if to say, Who's going to protect my babe?

Somehow, he understood, "No one will touch your rose, Jake. It belongs to you and only you and it would never allow itself to live in another's hand. It's yours."

I nodded my eyes (moved the pupils up and down) and he placed his hand on my forehead again, putting me into a much deserved sleep.