Chapter Thirty-Nine: Amor Vincit Omnia

Chapter Thirty-Nine: Amor Vincit Omnia (Love conquers all)

“Okay, I’m ready” Aya said in a placid tone. I never saw her calm as she was when we boarded the plane and we explained everything to her. She just listened quietly and nodded. We can already see HAstaziga from the window.

“So we’re here to get that pomegranate from the crown prince and princess to get me my memories back?” she said monotonously.

“Yes” Kyle answered.

“Are you reluctant?” I asked.

“…It’s not that… I just feel quite overwhelmed yet not exactly surprised. I may have no memories of you to but you do feel oddly familiar.” Then she glanced at me “especially you… I feel quite irritated and uneasy with you”

I looked at Kyle who has holding his laugh.

“Don’t you dare laugh” I said strictly.

“but it’s really funny that she says that even though we already said that you two are a couple… maybe Eyi has a secret grudge towards you!” he said.

“Oh shut up!” I pouted.

Aya sighed and looked out the window.

“Hey” Kyle whispered towards me.

“Hmm… don’t you think she’s kind of weird?” he continued when he got my attention.

“…I can’t honestly say… it’s like she drifted farther than before…” I said sadly.

Kyle smiled faintly and patted my back.

We landed in HAstaziga and went straight to the palace where Aglaia and Anthony were expecting us with the pomegranate.

“Hello Eyi” Anty smiled at Aya. She looked at him then smiled… then tears flowed in her eyes.

“I…I’m sorry… I don’t know what got into me… it just feels like I haven’t seen you in such a long time and I don’t even know you!” she said shyly.

“That’s alright; you are not to blame…” Anty said to her affectionately.

“Here is the pomegranate juice in this bottle… you must drink it to restore your memory” Aglaia said and handed her a dark tinted bottle.

“Yes… thank you” she held it and looked at it for a while.

Aya opened the bottle carefully and drank every bit of the liquid inside.

“Bottoms up!” Kyle said jokingly.

“How do you feel?” I asked once she finished the concoction.

“…” she stared at me then at Kyle, Anty and lastly to Aglaia.

“Do you remember us?” Kyle ventured to ask.

“…No” she said curtly.

“The remedy haven’t sunk yet… let her rest and in due time she will be enlightened” Aglaia said.

“Then I guess we would intrude on you and stay a night here in your place” I suggested.

“Please” Aglaia smiled and shook my hands.

We stayed the night inside the HAstaziga palace.

We all went straight to our respective rooms after supper.

I can’t help but be uneasy…

What if… the juice doesn’t work?

I can’t even imagine how juice can be the remedy to music hypnosis… it just does not make any sense. Well… a lot of things do not even make any sense anyways…

I walked to the veranda where the night air refreshed me…

I saw two figures walking close by the veranda.

I cleared my eyes and stooped over the edge to see who they were.

It was Aya and Kyle…

“What are they doing?” I asked myself.

I was about to shout to them when I saw Aya suddenly embrace Kyle. I can’t help my gasp and ran back to my room.

I clenched my fists in a fit of blind jealousy and ignored the knocking at my door as I packed up and left Hastaziga palace that night with only the surprised Anty knowing my leave.

My sudden arrival made all the servants in my house dumbstruck. I furiously ran straight to my room and slammed the door behind me.

Why was I mad? Why was I so irritated with one embrace? Let me tell you why! I waited for that girl for more than a decade, I treat her like a princess, she develops amnesia, gets kidnapped by my adopted brother, I go searching the whole world for her and she goes hugging other people the moment her memories get back?! That’s just infuriating!

“Family my ass Kyle” grr… my blood starts boiling when I close my eyes and remember that scene!

I finally managed to hit the sack after three hours of walking to and fro my room and a big cup of milk tea.

I over slept.

It was already noon when I woke up.

I checked my phone and no one even bothered to call or drop me a message… just great.

My head is throbbing and my eyes are sore from glaring. And this was supposed to be a great day… the day I re-propose to her.

I showered and dressed up casually.

I went downstairs and called Koji to show me documents that need immediate attention.

My day just went on like that and before I knew it, it was already sunset.

A ring on the doorbell coincided with my sigh after I finished work in my study.

“Master, a note has been left at the door” Anna said and handed a blue card to me.

It says;

Where we see the sun that starts to sleep

Where a tree sings and saw me weep

I’ve been eager as you, see

I have something to say personally

I’m begging you to come see me

And we’ll settle this indefinitely

-Aya

I can’t help but smile but I still felt the pang in my chest.

Should I go? I pondered deeply and happened to fumble inside my pocket where I felt the blue box I’ve always kept with me. I opened it and held the diamond encrusted ring with my forefinger and thumb.

I’ve made my decision.