Chapter Thirty-Four: Amor Animi Arbitrio Sumitur, Non Ponitur

Chapter Thirty-Four: Amor Animi Arbitrio Sumitur, Non Ponitur (We choose to love but we do not choose to stop loving)

I had the strangest dream last night.

I felt so… at home. I was so happy… in the arms of this unknown guy… I was calling him ‘Bellus’. I didn’t see his face though… Must be a dream guy… ahah! I am such a girl.

I thought I fell asleep crying by that big tree they call Mellifluous but I found myself in my room in the dorm with Mei and Galatea when I woke up… weird. I’m such a scatterbrain.

“Kyle!”

“Eyi! What’s the matter?”

“I finally caught you!”

“Yeah… sorry about that, I had a meeting in the morning and patrolling duty after classes…I can’t even walk you home today”

“It’s okay even if we only meet like this… anyways, about yesterday…”

“Don’t sweat it Eyi… I was also rude to be pressing stuff into you…”

“Well, I’m also sorry about how angry I was… I was just off yesterday… like I’m so pissed off for no apparent reason… it’s like something was not right”

“Like there was someone missing from your day”

“Exactly!”

“Think about it… who is it that you did not see the whole day yesterday that you often see everyday…”

“I guess that would be… Andrew”

“Don’t you think that mean something?”

“…every time I think about the possibility that what you all are telling me is true… it’s like my brain stops working and just set on being convinced that it’s not true.”

“How about today… where is he?”

“I left him at the greenhouse… I told him I was going to the girl’s room”

“…why do you detest him so much?”

“Well… it’s like, every time he’s near me… my heart is racing but my mind is blank”

“if your brain doesn’t accept the fact that he’s your boyfriend then… just so you know, that guy is a very lonely person Eyi… if you still can’t remember the truth then fine, but be nice to him, okay? Give it a shot… even if I like you, I won’t be happy if I was not the one your heart is screaming for.” he patted my cheek and walked to the playing field.

I thought about Kyle’s words… Maybe I really am all wrong in this. Why am I so mad at Andrew anyways? It’s not like he did something to me…

“Andrew…”

“Yeah?” he said carrying big earthenware.

“See… I’m really sorry on how I have been treating you these past days…”

“It’s… okay; I lost my cool too… quite a lot actually. It’s just not me…” he smiled.

“It’s just that… whenever I see you… I feel something really outrageously big inside me that wants to get out…I know I sound nuts right now”

“Its fine, I totally understand…”

“No! You don’t.” this is the moment of truth.

“…Aya”

“I… uhm… want to give it a shot… I mean, if what you all are saying is true then… fine. Let’s see if I can’t trust my brain anymore”