Chapter Twenty-Eight: Suum Cuique

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Suum Cuique (to each his own)

My head is really throbbing when I started feeling conscious… what happened after I fell? I wonder…

“I’m such a disappointment…” I thought to myself.

I slowly opened my eyes to a white surrounding… it was so bright!

“Where am I?” I asked.

“You’re in the hospital...” a voice answered.

I looked at the speaker… it he was like a celebrity with his blonde hair… he had a cold aura and seriousness around him. He was as tall as Anthony but as slender as Andrew. He looked old late twenties, perhaps? He wore a suit so cleanly.

“Who are you?” I asked.

“I’m Jack Shallowtail…” he said looking at me.

“Uhm… Where’s Andrew?”

“He…” before he finished, the door opened.

“How is she…?” Andrew stared at me.

“Hi?” I said and made a peace sign with my hands at him.

Andrew walked towards me and cradled my head ever so gently.

“What happened?” I asked.

“After you fell… you lost consciousness and slept for three whole days… I’m so glad you’re awake now!” he said and kissed my cheek.

“Three days?! Oh no! I have classes!” I said and pushed the doting Andrew a bit.

“It’s okay… I took care of that! I’m the Chairman, remember? Anyways… how are you feeling?”

“…fine, I guess… but I feel kind of… weak?” I said while feeling myself up.

“I’ll peel you some apples…” he said and took out an army knife from his pocket.

“Aren’t you going to work?”

“…yeah… about that… Jack, could you leave us for a bit? You too, Mr. Koji” he said and sat in the chair beside me.

I noticed lots of fruits and flowers by my bedside…

“They’re from Anty and the rest… they’ll be coming later…” he said.

“Oh…” he handed me a peeled and sliced apple.

“So… you knew about the issue about my position in the company…” he said sadly.

“Anty told me…”

“I’m sorry I kept it from you…” he said apologetically.

“Well… you were coming home so late during summer… or work even at home… unlike in the past where you leisurely sat in class…” I said and remembered the times he was in class.

“You see… my father was the first born. So naturally, he was the heir… and now it passed to me. That responsibility was pushed to me when my parents died when I was five so I had to take up special education to take over the company at the earliest possible age I could get an MA… that was when I was fifteen. Now, before I took over when I was 15… my cousin Ashton Potere and his father, my uncle Gerald who was the second child, were the temporary head.” He paused and handed me another slice.

“…thanks” I said and ate it “why are you telling me all this?”

“…well… you’re my official Fiancee… you should know EVERYTHING about me…I cant let you know by any other source who might mix up the facts… besides, I care about you so much that I’m opening up every single detail of my existence to you, even if its painful for me… but I feel that you have the right to know more than anyone else”