Chapter Twenty: A Huis Clos

Chapter Twenty: A Huis Clos (with closed doors)

The rapid pulsation of my cardiac muscles gave me a timorous uncertain agitation the following morning when I regained my consciousness.

Just kidding, guys! I just wanted to try out the vocabulary words our teachers make us memorize in class… ha-ha!

To repeat the first line in simpler terms: my heart was beating fast in nervousness when I woke up in the morning. Instead of the sun, I was greeted by clear brown eyes that sparkle like when the moon is reflected on a still lake.

“Good Morning Sunshine!” he said with a smile.

“A-Adi?” I greeted in a hoarse voice.

“What do you want for breakfast? I will personally cook it for you while you take a bath and change your clothes” he kind of creeping me out knowing that I bathe first than eat.

“In my present mood, whatever you cook will yield equal marginal utility” I said covering my face with the blanket because I was so nervous. I blurted out that sentence out of habit from my economics class.

“pfft! You’re really funny! You aren’t even exceptional in academics yet you can use terms from your lessons in a conversation!” he laughed.

“Go away Adi!”

“I’ll wait for you downstairs then. Don’t take too long or ill come pick you up…” he said then stuck his tongue out like he was teasing me.

I stretched out and headed to my room to take a bath in my bathroom.

“Shouldn’t I be worried that Andrew wasn’t even jealous that I was out with Kyle yesterday? I mean he was more irritated with the fact that I didn’t answer my phone…” I told myself while taking a shower.

“Perhaps he trusts me so much that he knows I was not cheating on him… yeah that must be it” I encouraged my self.

“I wonder what I should wear” I said looking at the closet full of the ‘summer’ collection of Andrew-picked clothes. I feel like a doll… do boyfriends dress their girlfriends? I don’t even have to buy clothes! I feel bad for the clothes I haven’t worn! “But there are so many of them! I can’t possibly wear them all in one year when they change every season! My wardrobe is being regularly updated but my ‘insensitivity’ sure isn’t…” I sighed.

I picked the day’s outfit by singing ‘eenie minee mo’ kinda childish, huh?

I was wearing a lavender cotton shirt and white shorts when I came down. Andrew was already done cooking and had just taken of his white frilly apron… I think this is the time where as a girl I should feel hurt that my boyfriend looks more feminine in that apron than plain me could ever look.

“Why are you looking at me like that Aya?” he asked.

“…you… look good even in an apron” I commented shyly.

“What? You want to see me with only an apron on?! I didn’t know you had that fetish Aya dear! But… if you really want to… but the butler and maids are looking!” he said in a mock shyness making him so cute that the servants blush.

“I didn’t say that!” I shouted.

He started laughing.

“Come let’s eat!” he pulled a chair out for me.

As usual he made me sit in the table’s head seat while he just sat on the right hand seat.

“Why am I always seated here? Aren’t you the master of the house?!” I asked.