Chapter Seven: Peu a Peu

Chapter Seven: Peu a Peu (little by little)

It’s already Saturday and last minute preparations were the only things left so we, the organizers, can finally rest tomorrow and wait for the event to begin on Monday.

It was already getting late and I was with Alex at the meeting room doing some last minute paperwork. It was still chilly and I can’t help but shiver. I looked at Alex and gazed at his serious face for quite sometime. He looked really good having that serious face on him while brooding over the paper in front of him. His hair falls gently on his eyes and when he combed them with his fingers he noticed me.

“Is there something on my face?” he asked.

“Nothing” I said shyly.

“…hmmm…” he returned his attention to his work.

“Alex, can I ask you something?”

“What is it?” he said but still had his eyes on his work.

“…do you have a girlfriend?” I suddenly blurted out.

“Hmm?” he looked up.

“Well… it’s just that you look so good and is very warm that I was wondering…”

“Mei Yi…”

“Huh?” I froze looking stupid for sure.

“My girlfriend…”

“So you do have one! How come I never see her?”

How personal can I get right? But it’s so intriguing!

“She… doesn’t want it to be known…anyways, are you finished with your work?”

“uhh yeah…” he evaded the question so casually.

“I still have a lot to do so you can go home for today… call Anthony to walk you home… it’s already dark outside”

I did as I was told and waited in the room for Anty’s arrival.

“Sorry for asking something like that” I said when things seemed awfully quiet.

“It’s all right… I know you’re not a blabbermouth and I think you’re a nice girl”

“uhh yeah…thanks” he was still smiling.

I excused myself and went to the comfort room.

The school hallway seems so deserted and kind of scary at night.

The comfort room looked so spacious now that I’m alone in it.

I was alone…

There was a legend in our school where a girl supposedly killed herself due to peer pressure in the third cubicle of this comfort room that’s why no one ever dared use the third cubicle.

“What am I thinking… stupid urban legends” I thought to myself as I was washing my hands.

The open window made the comfort room cool with the wind outside… too cool.

I’m not really a scaredy cat but... experiencing it first hand with no companion is a whole different story.

Whhhhoooooooooossssshhhhhhhhhhhh…

The wind is giving me goose bumps.

BAM! The small window suddenly closed with a loud sound then the sole fluorescent light flickered for a second… this is not good… I don’t intend to be a heroine of a horror story!

I was not scared… I was FREAKING scared that I totally lost composure!

In my scared state I couldn’t open the door knob.