Chapter Thirty-three: De Omnibus Dubitandum

Chapter Thirty-three: De Omnibus Dubitandum (everything should be questioned)

“Okay Cathy, speak up or I’ll crush your company even more if you are just wasting my time” I said when we were alone in my office inside the High school building.

“Would you relax? I may have done something bad in the past, but that doesn’t mean I’m bad, right? I mean, I did it blinded by rage! How would you feel if you were replaced by someone seemingly inferior to you?”

“Aya is not inferior to you… she’s much more of a woman than you’ll ever be…”

“I said ‘seemingly’ didn’t I? I still don’t get why you like that… that…”

“Can we get to the point please? You’re wasting my time”

“Fine. Besides… I’m in love with someone else… we both know that. Anyways, a subordinate of mine gave me this as a souvenir… I thought you might be interested”

She showed me a video of a woman and a man with a violin.

The man played a melody that can’t be heard in the video to the woman.

… The woman became unconscious then the man whispered something to the woman.

The man then carried the woman to an open pasture and hid with the camera guy in a nearby bush. The man threw a stone to the woman and when she woke up… she was acting like a cow.

“What the hell is this crap?”

“Its melodic hypnotism… it’s a particular melody where when played perfectly and repeatedly could easily manipulate the victim’s memories… also, it makes the victim really convinced… like knowing one’s name or something”

“…”

“It’s named after the Greek musician Orpheus…”

“Orpheus…”

“Here’s another thing…It’s a secret score shown only to royalty… that guy in the video is a dethroned prince who was exiled here twenty years ago… they say he was killed by bandits…but he was killed by secret agents because they fear that he stole part of the Orpheus Melody…”

I was silently absorbing this evidence… she may be right… or just trying to get to my nerves.

“How did your subordinate get this video?”

“Well, let’s just say that he’s a devilishly talented subordinate.” She said in a very sexy way… Ooooh lala…

“So you are saying that whoever did this to Aya… has connections with the Royal Family of this country?”

“Yes… do you want to know what country this is?” she leaned closer.

“…yes”

“But I think, you’ll be more interested in the name of the exiled prince” she winked.

“Why are you doing this? What’s in it for you?”

“…a lot”

Hmm… something feels weird. That Andrew guy isn’t stalking me today… I know I should be happy… ecstatic even… but, surprisingly, I’m not.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah…” Kyle is such a good guy.

“You seem… down” he said squeezing my hand. It’s cool…