Chapter Fifteen: Selfishness

It has already been a weeks since Kyle and I became good friends. It has also been a whole week since I last talked to Andrew… I miss him so much.

These past few days I have been seeing more of Kyle and less of Andrew because he was frequently absent from class due to work.

“I need to talk to him! Anty is going to graduate in week’s time and I can’t proceed to be a senior in our situation! I just can’t!” I thought to myself and waited days for Andrew to attend classes once again.

It was the 3rd day before the last day of classes that he decided to show up.

I felt so awkward after not seeing him for days and not talking to him for a week.

I wrote on my notepad and passed it to him that reads ‘let’s talk, meet me at the tree after class’. Even I think that it was a bit cold.

The day seemed so long for me…

I kept thinking my friend’s reaction when they noticed I was seeing Andrew less and less…

Mei Yi: “Are you having a quarrel?!”

Galatea: “Did he really cheat on you? Let’s get revenge!”

Alex: “Maybe he’s just busy?”

Ryuuki: “He IS Potere you know… maybe his time in a day is not enough”

Anty: “Did that guy leave you again?! I’ll kill him!”

They are really a set of worry wart friends! Kyle does not know… perhaps he does but he never spoke of it. Andrew was called to a board meeting before classes even ended so my chances of meeting him after school diminished but I believed in him. The bell announcing the end of classes finally rung and as I was going out of the classroom… Kyle was waiting for me.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“Well, I was wondering if you are free today?” he said shyly while running his hand through his soft brown hair.

“Sorry but I have to meet someone today… maybe next time?” I apologized.

“That’s okay… can I at least walk you to your rendezvous?”

I thought for a while.

“Maybe not…” I smiled and waved him goodbye.

“I hope he doesn’t misunderstand my decline…” I thought to myself as I walked to the tree were we met and confessed.

“I hope the tree’s magic still works” I wished in my heart as I arrived at the desolated place.

“He never was the one who shows up first” I mumbled.

I sat in the tree’s shade and did my assignment to kill time.

Two hours have passed and my feet have gone numb from just sitting.

The wind started to get cold and the sun is already bidding me goodbye.

“Andrew…” I whispered to the wind.

I was shivering long before I have realized that it was dark and stars are already winking at me at the clear dark sky. I can just barely open my eyes in the cold.

“Aeidein?” a voice called from the shadows.

“Andrew?” I asked.

A figure appeared from the shadows.

“Kyle?”

“I happened to notice you while I was taking a walk… were you here the whole time? It’s already late! You’re going to get sick you know!” he ran to me and touched my arms.

So it's youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें