Chapter 20 mine

"You called for me your highness?" my words felt hard rough and nervous against my lips

"You called for me your highness?" my words felt hard rough and nervous against my lips. Lucien sitting across the room in a chair his eyes staring right at me a silence between me and him like I didn't even ask a question.

My eyes glancing down at his side make our brutal staring contest end, standing up from his spot he walked over to me. Walking perfectly fine, not like just a mere 24 hours ago he was shot in the fucking side. "You-you really shouldn't be up walking yet, " I say slightly backing up away from him.

A thing he seemed not to like. "It's not my first rodeo princess, plus I'm fine" Lucien grumbles grabbing his side for just a second, wincing. "Well, it's not mine either. Sit your ass down before you rip you god damn stitches" I growl and he just looks at me.

I felt like I was trying to Control a mad bull with a spoon, pointless, stupid and very much dangerous. "You seem to always forget who owns you." he smiles holding up his ringed finger a symbol that binds us together. My ring sitting perfectly on my finger the huge diamond priceless.

My breath hitching both with anger and arousal my hands folding In front of me "w-what do you want Lucien."I choke blinking a few time as I looked over him.

Space wasn't even a thing right now between us, his body pressed up to mine, my hands placed on his chest. My hand moving gently onto his covered wound his eyes closing and his breathing being sucked in. "Thank you—and I'm sorry," he says, looking at me with such raw intensity. I know he felt vulnerable, thank you probably wasn't something he likes to say often. And sorry? That is the last thing I have ever imagined him saying to me.

"For what"I smile tilting my head slightly causing his hand to move up my back landing on my neck finally, not grabbing hard but just hard enough for my breathing to speed up and the tightness in my abdomen swirl,

Kiara you naughty whore

His eyes looked like a whole new thing, they looked so lost in my own as he was picturing things. I knew what his mind was dreaming of.

"You know. Thank you."Lucien whispered his breath close to my ear, before traveling inches away from my lips. "No I have no clue"I smiled up at him sarcastically, his teeth clenching in annoyance.

"Jesus Christ Kiara. I'm not good at these things. I am not good at saying thank you"

Chuckling I tuck a stray piece of hair away from my eyes, the glance from his eyes make a million butterflies twirl as I try to keep them at bay. "I know, I am just fucking around. But you don't have to thank me"

"I do, let me thank you." He says, and I cough lightly. Choking with nerves.

"No really you don't." I smile "but what are you apologizing for?" I ask and he stiffened slightly, I saw tension in his eyes. He was a prideful man, and I saw his mouth open and shut.