Chapter 19 Die, I dare you.

"I didn't know I loved you till I almost lost you"

With each second that passed, I knew deep down that something was wrong

With each second that passed, I knew deep down that something was wrong. And with each "leave a message at the beep" It only deepens the pit in my stomach. A spreading wildfire of unannounced worry.

And by the 47th time I called the line fell again and my phone died, leaving me to wonder.

But my superstition and fear turned out to be true as John and two other men burst through the door, Lucien's bloody body is basically carried by the men.

"What the fuck happened!?"I yell standing from my seat at the kitchen table running quickly over to where they laid him on The white rug. Now stained with crimson red.

"Caught off guard, a bullet wound to the left side on his abdomen. Unresponsive. The medic is an hour away." he says his hands pressed firmly on the bleeding hole.

"Well do you wanna know what I majored In?"I said nervously looking over my husband and his face pale. "I thought you dropped out of med school?" he says looking up at me, all the other men also looking.

"Well, I'm willing to try my skills if your willing to let me." I say quickly all of them hesitantly looking at each other. I mean I will hold their boss' life in my hands. "Fine" John says moving over, giving me space.

All sorts of doubts fill my head, his breathing growing shallower by each second. "Medical kit now" I bark, as they run handing me what I need.

"Lucien if you die then fuck you" I whispered into his ear, his eyes fluttering under his eyelids. "So die I fucking dare you, I'll cut your balls off" I said before I focused myself

Cutting a hole big enough around the bullet wound. My breath heavy in my chest as John hands me mental medical tweezers. I know the steps, pull out, cover wounded. Stitch it up. Cover it.

With hands as stern as possible, I pull out the bullet. When in med school I thought I'd be working in a hospital, but my dreams faulted and I couldn't pay for the schooling. But now that I'm removing bullets from a drug capos side in the middle of his living room. Thank god I went for that little time I did. Thank god by my knowledge the bullet missed important organs.

Bits of blood squirt of his wound, my hands covering it quickly. Grabbing the needle I stitch him together, people staring at me work only added to the amount of pressure I felt.

"G-get him to a bed, he needs rest," I say my clothes drenched in his blood. The floor looking like a crime scene. Thoughts pooling in my mind.

What "job" was he doing?

What caught him off guard?

"Kiara..."John says gripping my arm, throwing me out of my thoughts as I stare down at the puddle of blood. "He will need blood as well, find matches to his blood type." I bark looking at John and he raises an eyebrow.

"I said now, John"

He smiles shaking his head as he backs up slowing still facing me "You really are the perfect one for him" his words said finding my ears like a song I already knew. Like a truth, I could feel on my lips. A burning in my veins.

Lucien POV

"Fuck!"I say sitting up quickly, regretting it almost instantly. My eye adjusting I realize I'm in my bedroom, an empty blood bag beside me connected to a tube that's in my arm.

"What the..."I say as the door opens, John looking at me and laughing. "Awake finally" he smiles as I just grip my teeth, my hand gripping my side.

A bandage and gauze over my now stitches wound.

"Careful you might rip your stitches" John says

Rolling my eyes I stand from my bed, slipping on a shirt from the floor. The white button down reeked of her. It smelt heavily of her addictive perfume, and the watermelon shampoo she used. "Where the fuck is Kiara," I ask as I walk to the door but he steps in front of me sternly.

"She's fine." John says "You should be thankful your even alive" he growls as I just roll my eyes. I got caught off guard and I got shot. A child's move that almost got me killed

"Remind me to put 'Thanks Fred' or whatever the docs name is on my to do list" I growl, my fists clenched as Kiara lingered on my mind. Her scent on my nose, making me wonder how her skin would taste as I ripped off every piece of clothing between us.

"Frederick, he wasn't the one who helped you," he says stone-faced pointing at my side.

"Well I don't really care what his name is, it's all the fucking..."I growl with disinterest, my sentence short lived by johns

"Kiara was the one who saved your life. The way she took charge surprised me. Lucien, she could have not said anything and let you die. After everything you did to her" his words filling the room my heart pounding in my chest just a little faster than normal. "But she decided to save you. She saved your ass, Lucien. And if I were you...I'd be kissing her feet. You got a goddess of a woman in front of you and you don't even realize it"

"Get out before I shoot you. And Bring her to me." my anger on the highest point it has been on for a while.

She is too good, too pure for me. I can't want her. I can't.

But I do. I want her so fucking bad. I want to know what her screams sound like. I want to know how it feels to have her hands claw down my back. I will have her but for now.

I'm going to thank her.