Chapter 10 Gold-digging

Church bells by Carrie Underwood. ^

It was all roses, dripping in diamonds
Sipping on champagne
She was all uptown, wearing that white gown
Taking his last name
She could hear those church bells ringing

It was all roses, dripping in diamondsSipping on champagneShe was all uptown, wearing that white gownTaking his last nameShe could hear those church bells ringing

"Ah Lucien, hello...." a man with graying hair and what seemed like a certain friendliness with the ladies, but maybe too friendly smiles . "...and you.., my dear you must be Kiara. My names Jack Lucas." he smiled shaking my hand welcomingly

"Yes, I'm glad to meet you, such an honorable man. My husband has told me much about you." I smile a lie placing a hand on my chest. Truthfully I don't know or give a shit about who he is.

But still, he smiles at me, looking me up and down "you really are a catch...I see why Lucien was so lured to you"

I nod, feeling a hand slide down my waist leading on my hip, my breath hitching in my throat. The closeness of Lucien's fingers against my skin leaving goosebumps in his wake. "I need to talk to Mr. Lucas, go to the bar. Stay there and don't screw up" he whispering my ear while Jack looks at us curiously.

I nod, before exiting the awkward and tense conversation the bar looking open and amusing. But alas a blond glides into my personal space placing a Accusing hand on my chest. "You must be Lucien's bitch, thought I smelt a gold digger" she smirked, the curls of her hair luminous and her dress pristine. "Get your filthy, skank ass whore hand off me you porcelain bitch." I smiled back gripping her hand tightly.

"Do you know who I am, the people that I know? They could destroy you!" she yelled a bit too loud in my face, but still my face stayed calm as I delt with this crazy feral bitch.

"Careful..." I whisper grabbing her hand much harder than before and pulling her close so I could whisper in her ear. Her body going rigid an stiff. "You might be influential to men in the sheets but as far as I'm concerned you don't got shit on me" I growl gripping her hand tighter in which she tries pulls away. "And I'm not afraid to fuck up your face , so my advice is to back the hell up. Yes?"I smile lastly as I pull away from her ear , someone around us could probably hear but to me it didn't matter.

Her eyes glaring at mine before she rips her hand, storming away. With a smile, I look over my shoulder Lucien's eyes watching me, as well as other men's.

The clicks of my heels against the floor, up until I sit at an empty couch, men quickly coming over and sitting with me. My confidence never feeling so high.

"You must be Lucien's girl...never thought he'd settle down let alone with a woman way out of his League" a handsome man smiles kissing the back of my hand respectfully.

Trust me when I say my confidence was high as fucking heaven right about now.

But they all seemed like quite the egotistical obnoxious ladies men, just waiting to pounce and fuck me "Well aren't you a charmer?!" I smile and the men around me lean forward laughing. All of them most likely rich RICH bachelors.