-2-

Continuing on with my day making sure i get every note down for later studying

Continuing on with my day making sure i get every note down for later studying. The bell rings once again indicating that it's the end of 6th period.

I get up from my desk and head out the door, my books in hand.

I'm so ready for this day to be over.

I walk past everyone, all the grey heads. Heading towards my locker I look up from my feet, catching myself from bumping into someone again, who was of course Colby.

"Woah, second time today, watch it huh?" He said at me smiling.

I half smiled back to be polite.

I didn't know him that well. I turned away and finally reached my locker, putting my stuff in and shutting it.

School was finally over and I was literally running home so I can just relax.

I get out of the school doors, someone was calling my name. "Jackie! Wait!"

I turned around annoyingly. It was colby.

"Yeah?" I asked confused as to why he wanted to talk.

"Could I....have your number?"

What?

"Why?" I asked. We've barely talked before, I don't see why he would want my number. "You seem like a cool person, you know? I want to maybe hang out sometime?"

Me still being confused I agreed on giving him my number.

Our fingers slightly touch and suddenly the area around me turned bright again, like this morning. I stumbled back wide eyed, the world going blank again.

What the hell?

"You good?" Colby questioned, he probably thinks i'm weird, randomly stumbling back like that.

"Yeah... I'm fine..." I shook it off quickly.

He slowly nodded, probably still confused, as i quickly typed my number and handed back his phone. Giving him a quick goodbye and darted home.

I sat on my bed questioning what happened today. Why was everything around me turning bright? It was like sunlight in my eyes for a second then it turned normal.

I shook away my thoughts and turned to my notebook, full of little doodles of this week. I grabbed my pencil and started drawing little cartoons to take my mind off of today.

After finishing up my drawing and eating dinner my mom went to her night shift and mountains of homework, i prepared for bed, as i was brushing my teeth my phone went off. I looked as I got a text from a unknown number.

Hey :)
Jackie:Who is this?
Colby ofc
Jackie:Ohhh what's up?
Colby:I'm at the park at 27th street, could you go?
Jackie:I can't?? It's 2am why are you outside
Colby:Please?🥺

I stare at my screen, deciding if I should actually sneak out.

I mean I'm only a teenager once, why not?

I took off my pjs and change into some ripped jeans and a plain black shirt. I walk over to my window and slowly open it.

Am I about to do this?

I crawl out and jump onto my roof, sliding down and landing on the grass, and running to the park.