fifty two

Time Skip

Its Christmas Eve

Kelly | Home

It's Christmas Eve, most people are spending time with their family and having fun.

Some people are using their you can open the smallest present on Christmas Eve rule.

Some people are enjoying theirselves and putting their problems on the back burner. 

While some people are having to face their problems head on. They cant put it on the back burner right now. They cant even afford a present for their number one supporter because all of their paychecks go towards the bills. 

No one should have to sit on the couch with their mother and look at an eviction notice paper...like I am currently doing. 

"What're we going to do?" I asked, tears streaming down my face.

"I dont know baby. I really dont." Mom said, shaking her head while trying to hold in her tears.

We were several months behind on rent which caused us to be in our current predicament: getting evicted.

We've tried to pay every bill that came our way but we just couldn't. Not with the state garnishing most of my mother's wages because of student loans and me making less than minimun wage, we just fell too far behind.

I haven't even been to school in over three weeks because I've just been trying to pick up more hours so I could have more money to help out with but even that wasn't enough.

As of right now we had three hundred seventy-four dollars left to our name between the both of us. That would get us a hotel somewhere but not for long with also needing somewhere to put our personal belongings at.

"We're going to have to spilt up, Kelly." My mom said, tears finally coming from her eyes.

"Split up? What do you mean split up?"

"I mean you're going to have to stay somewhere and I will too. We can't get a hotel room, they're too expensive and our money needs to go towards a storage so we dont loose our stuff."

"I don't have anywhere to go."

Which is not true. I knew I could go to Ella's but I didn't want to bother her with my problems. I didn't want her to pity me or feel sorry for me. I didn't want her to think less of me either.

You know she won't.

"What about that sweet girl Ella? Would she let you stay with her?" She questioned.

"I mean maybe, but I can't bother her with my problems. She's got enough on her plate."

I didn't know if Ella had anything on her plate except for her parents letting her down again but still, I didn't want to bother her.

"Well what about any of your other friends?" She questioned.

Do I count Kenzie, Gracie, Grayson, Blake and Ace as friends?

"Um. I dont know. You'll have to give me some time to check with them. When do we have to be out?"

"We have thirty days. That should be enough time for you."

"I hope so. Where will you stay?"

"I dont know." She said, sighing. "I may just have to sleep in the car."

"Mom, you can't sleep in the car."

"I dont have anyone to ask. Aunt Sara lives two cities over, I cant stay there and keep traveling here for work. That's too much gas."

"You'll have to. It's better than sleeping in the car."

"I suppose so. I'll leave her a message. Im going to go get some boxes, do you want to come?" She questioned.

These thirty days maybe the last days I have with her.

"Yes. Just let me get my phone."

I went down the hall and grabbed my phone then came back out to my mom who had was ready to go.

"Are you ready?" She questioned.

"Yeah."

She nodded in response and headed for the front door, causing my feet to quickly follow her.

-  -  -  - 

Chapter 52

· It's short, yes I know but the next one is longer!

· Two updates in one day!! Even though this was already written.. 😊😊

· LEAVE COMMENTS AND VOTES.