five

Ella | 1:30 pm

I bounced down the steps while humming Wait by Maroon 5.

"You're always humming." Grayson said.

I looked at him as he stood in the living room, tying his Nike's.

"What? No I'm not." I said with my eyes narrowed.

"Yes you are. You hum when you cook, do your homework, wash dishes, clean, and probably some other times." He said with a chuckled.

I thought on it.

"Hm, I've never noticed that."

He chuckled while shrugging.

"I do."

I shook my head.

"How much stuff do you notice about me?" I asked in a curious voice.

"Too much to remember right off the bat."

"That's crazy."

He chuckled.

"You need a ride?"

We began headed to the garage together.

"Nope, I drive."

He headed to his Audi and I headed to my Mustang.

"What? Since when?"

"Since I got my permit."

"Damn, I missed a lot." He said in a sad voice

"True, but I'm pretty sure there's going to be more accomplishments to come from me. You can be there for those?"

I swear his face just lit up like a Christmas tree.

"You'd let me?"

"Well, you are my brother." I said with a shrug.

He gave me a smile.

"I'd like that."

"Me too, honestly."

We got into our cars and I rolled my window down after starting my engine.

"I'll see you later, little sis."

I nodded and he was off. I cut on my music listening to Honey by Kehlani. I put my gear in drive and drove off, closing the garage door behind me with the button.

Twenty-five minutes later and I was pulling in front of Mariana's house, honking the horn. She came out a few seconds later and slid into my passenger seat.

"Hey pretty." She said with a grin.

"Hey girlie."

She looked over at me as she clicked her seat belt and I began driving.

"You look cute." She said while scanning over my outfit.

It was summer and hot out, so I had out ripped denim shorts with a plain black shirt that had rips in it with all black Air Force 1 Lows. My hair was in waves and I had my ray bans on because this sun was extremely shitty and bright.

"Thanks, so do you."

"Thanks. So, mall?"

"Yeah sure."

It was quiet between us as I drove and she sang along to my music softly.

"So have you found out when tryouts are?" I asked, not really wanting to know the answer.

"Yeah, a week after school starts."

"Are you ready?"

"Not even a little."

I laughed.

"You'll do fine, you're so flexible and cheery. I'm sure you'll make the team."

"Hopefully. I'm glad you have faith in me."

"Well it's only right because you had faith in me."

"True."

I parked in the mall garage and we got out. I locked my doors and walked side by side with Mariana into the three-story mall.

"So what store first?"

"It doesn't matter.

"Aéropostale it is." She said with a huge ass grin.

She dragged me into the store.

"I love this store."

"Yeah I know."

Over the past three months, I've lost count as to how many times we've been in this store.

"My sister's here." I said suddenly.

She popped up from looking through the shirts.

"What where?"

I laughed.

"Not in here, but she's in the mall somewhere with her friends."

"Let's go find her and beat her up." She gave me a sadistic smile, like she was imagining herself beating up my sister.

"Um, how about we not and say we did."

She pouted and went back to the shirts.

"Well why say something if you won't let me beat her up."

I shook my head.

"I don't know. I was just telling you."

After Aéropostale, we decided to head into GameStop because I wanted to get the new WWE 2k18 for my PlayStation 4.

"I still don't see how you're into wrestling." She said while looking at her phone.

"I still don't see how you're into cheerleading." I fired back.

"Touché." She shrugged.

I paid and got the deluxe version and was ecstatic. I was looking at the case.

"Oh come on, Ana. You can possibly think that Seth Rollins is not cute. Look at him."

I showed her the front of the case.

"He's alright, just not my type."

I laughed and put the game back into the bag.

"Let's go into It's Fashion." I suggested.

"Okay."

We got onto the escalator and took it down to the first floor.

"So what is your school like?" She asked.

"Complete shit. The teachers are just like in love with the "popular" crowd. They treat them so much better than us nerds. For instance, last year I had this teacher named Ms. Campbell. When we took tests, there were always two versions; A and B. A was always the easier one and B was always the harder one. A was given to the athletes and B was given to us nerds and the people who wasn't athletes." I complained.

We walked into the store.

"Damn. Is she still there?"

"I don't know yet."

I began to look through the racks of clothes and stopped at a romper. It was flower print and went around your neck and had the back out. It would probably come mid-thigh on me which was perfect because I hated "booty" shorts. I grabbed it and looked at a T-shirt dress. It was black and white striped and would stop a little below my mid-thigh, I grabbed it also and looked at Mariana.

"Check out?"

"Yep."

We checked out and walked out of the store.

-  -  - 

Chapter Five

I'm going to do a part two to this sloppily written chapter.