twenty six

Short Chapter

Blake | Home

I had dropped Ella off at her house and left without a word.

They were talking about me. 

I was the who liked Ella but that can't be right, I've never had a crush, I've never really liked a girl before. I only use them and leave them. I don't have crush.

I can't.

I pulled into the garage and cut my engine. I went inside the house and instantly went up to Ace's room.

Ace might be a player but he knows more than I do about this crush and relationship shit. He's had a serious relationship before so I'm pretty sure he knows what he's talking about.

I knocked before entering to see him sitting at his desk writing something. He looked up as I went to sit on his bed.

"What up?" He asked, still writing.

"They were talking about me.

"Who?"

"Ella and her friend."

"What'd they say?"

"They I liked her."

"That you liked Ella?"

"Yeah."

"No shit Sherlock. It's obvious."

I snapped my neck at him.

"What? No I don't."

"Blake, you're in love with Ella. You have been since sophomore year. It's just deeper now."

"I'm not capable of liking someone, Nicholas. 

"I said love not like. And it's not clear to you, I know, but think about what you've done so far."

"What have I done? I haven't done anything with Ella that I haven't done with bitches."

"Oh yeah? Okay, what about letting her ride your motorcycle, twice-"

"How'd you know that?" 

"You can barely drive a car, so why would you drive hers?" 

He had a point.

"Bottom line is you love her, you can't see it but I can."

Our phones went off at the same time. Ace glanced at me in confusion as we looked at our phones to see Gracie sent out a text blast to everyone in the school.

ELLA GRACE BOYD'S SURPRISE BIRTHDAY BASH IS THIS FRIDAY AT 6:00 PM! EVERYONE (INCLUDING NERDS) ARE WELCOME! PRESENTS ARE NOT MANDATORY BUT ARE VERY WELCOME! THERE WILL BE FOOD, MUSIC AND ALCOHOL! (NO SMOKING IN THE HOUSE, BACKYARD OR FRONT YARD ONLY HOES.) PARTY IS HOSTED BY YOURS TRULY (GRACIE BOYD) & GRAYSON BOYD, SO IT WILL BE LIT AF! REMEMBER: IT'S A SURPRISE SO DON'T TELL HER! 

"Looks like Ella's birthday is Friday, what're are you getting her?"

"Nothing, because I'm not going."

"What?" He asked, finally looking at me for more than five seconds. 

"I don't like Ella, so there's no need for me to go or get her anything."

I could tell he was getting mad.

"Why can't you accept the fact that you fucking like her, Blake!" He yelled at me.

"Because I don't! I can't like a nerd, Ace!"

"So that's what this is about. Her being a nerd? There's nothing wrong with liking a nerd, Blake. But since you don't like her, I'll try to sleep with her." He shrugged, going back to his homework.

I don't know what made me so mad about that sentence, but something in me snapped.

My jaw clenched as I got up and grabbed him out of his chair by his fucking collar, I slammed him on the floor. I leaned over him and punched him once, busting his lip. 

"Don't you fucking-" 

"See, you like her. Otherwise you wouldn't have hit me." He said, wincing.

And that's when realization hit me like a fucking truck.

I did like Ella. I was fucking in love with Ella and it honestly scared the shit out of me. Ella was fragile, anyone that was blind would still be able to see that. 

I helped him up.

"Uh, my bad."

He grabbed a rag from the desk and wiped his lip with it.

"It's cool. Don't worry about it." He said, not sound worried or angry.

"So what do I do?"

"That's all up to you, Blake. Do you want a relationship with Ella?" 

"Uh, I don't know."

"You're gonna have to figure that out first before doing anything else. If you don't want one with her, you can't get mad if she's talking to another guy. You can't get mad at anything that she does then."

"This shit is so different, man." I said, sighing and throwing myself back.

"I know man."

What the hell do I want?

Gracie | Home

When administration took Lily, they held her until the police came. When the police got there, they arrested her and took her straight to jail.

I knew I was safe because Lily would never let me go to jail, she'd never let me take the fall even if I did start it or want to. She's just always got my back.

I didn't really know how to court system worked. All I really knew is Lily has the right to one phone call and I was curious as to if she'd call me. 

It's one in the morning and I'm currently sitting in the middle of my floor wrapping some of Ella's presents. 

Grayson and I were hosting her birthday bash and I couldn't be more excited. I loved going to parties but I loved hosting them even more. But what I loved the most is that it's Ella's birthday and we're on good terms. 

It honestly feels so nice.

-  -  -  

Chapter Twenty Six

Short , yeah I know. Sorry not sorry lol.