Breaking Point

BEN'S POV!!!!!!

"This is ridiculous."

"I don't care."

"Ben!"

She had arrived early and went in search of Dante. But I caught her instantly, threw her over my shoulder and began walking through the hallways to the training pits.

"You're here to train. Not talk to Dante."

I felt her shaking her head.

"Train for what? You won't let me fight."

"All members of my pack are taught basic self-defence in case we are attacked," I replied easily.

"I'm an ex-soldier." She pointed out as we walked.

Okay, so she didn't need self-defence training. But I needed to see cat eyes and chocolate hair.

I shrugged, holding her tighter while she struggled against me. I wanted her away from Dante, and I wanted a reaction. Anything to get her to snap, turn back into my firey emotional Carrie.

"You honestly think this is going to work? Ben, I am going to talk about Dante eventually."

My grip just tightened, "no you won't."

She growled a little, trying to contain frustration while struggling in my arms.

"Ben you're being an idiot."

I didn't reply, just kept walking.
She growled again, slightly louder, her struggles becoming more violent.

"This isn't helping you." I teased.

She let out a breath, her eyes closing as she tried desperately to stay calm.

"When you act like this, it makes me want to plan your death."

I chuckled, "and when you move like that, it gives me one hell of a view."

She froze, inhaling sharply. It was a stupid comment, it wasn't untrue, but I was just looking for a reaction. Her body didn't know the difference.

Immediately I felt her heat up, then she began to tremble a little. I'd never felt her so hot before, I glanced back and she was biting her lip so hard it looked painful.

"Carrie?" I asked softly,

She let out a breath, fisting the material that covered my back.
I stiffened, and set her down, my eyes met hers, wide curious, while trying hard to control my own lust.

"Love," I started

"Don't call me that." She said, cutting me off coldly.

I stepped forward, my hands reaching out for her shoulders, but she stumbled back instantly.

Anger and hurt sparked in my chest. I could've controlled it, I should have. But her painful attempts at cutting off all emotion made me want to push her, even if it wasn't fair.

"Why, why can't I call you that?"

She growled softly but kept her voice steady. "Because my name is Carrie. Breaking up with my sister doesn't give you a license to call me anything else."

I snarled angrily, not thinking before flinging the words at her."Really? Your body doesn't seem to mind the new nickname"

I watched blood rush to her face, and she stumbled even further back. I could practically see her emotions burning her as she tried to contain them.

"You marked me." She whispered, her voice shaking, "you did this to me. It has nothing to do with your stupid pet names."

I growled, running a hand through my hair. Fuck. This was uncalled for. I was being a dick. I knew I was being a dick. But normal Carrie would've clawed my eyes out for that comment. Where the fuck was she? Her eyes met mine, big, warm and agonized.