Mind links and Missing persons

I began walking through the woods, still feeling irritated and confused.  My wolf ached to stretch her paws and I rolled my shoulders, ready to let her take over. Within seconds I was running at super speeds, my paws hitting the ground in a warm heavy rhythm.

"Carrie?"

I spun around but there was nothing.

"Carrie? Where are you?"

I looked all around me but the familiar voice had nobody.

"Ben?"

"I'm in your head Carrie, it's a mind link."

I growled angrily,

"Is this another spell?"

"It comes with being apart from a pack. "

I snarled, frustrated that he wasn't there to glare at.

"Get out of my head asshat."

"Where are you, Carrie? Are you safe? Is everything okay?"

I rolled my eyes, "that's none of your business."

"Stop being difficult, where are you?"

Indignance filled me, hot and burning for justice.

"Leave me alone Ben."

He snarled, "Where. Are. You?"

I began running faster, gritting my teeth and trying hard to ignore his voice.

"You can't fight me out of your head love."

My snarl was shakey, warm with anger.

"Carrie. My name is Carrie. Not love. "

He went quiet for a moment and I thought he would leave me alone, wishful thinking.

"Come home, Carrie. Now."

It was an order. I growled and the pain began. Everything in me ripping and burning as I tried to fight it. I fell to the ground, whining.

"Please Carrie, you know resisting won't work."

He sounded softer, warmer, he was begging and I hated him for it. Putting me through this was his choice, he wasn't allowed to care.

"Give me 15 minutes." I choked, feeling sick.

Immediately the pain stopped and fell back a little, gasping.

"Thank you, Carrie."

"Fuck you," I replied.

He was waiting for me, leaning against the wooden pillar supporting the house in front of the porch.
I walked up to him warily and he straightened using his arms.

"Where were you?"

I looked up at him tiredly, "does it matter? I'm here aren't I?"

He searched my face and I glared.

"This was way over the line Ben, my whereabouts aren't your concern."

"The safety of all the members of my pack is my concern. "

I shook my head, working to keep the rant that was building on my tongue at bay. I growled, pushing past him but he gripped my wrist and pulled me back into his chest. His lips hovered inches from the crook of my neck.

"I had to know you were safe Carrie. It was getting late, anything could have happened."

My nails sunk into the arm holding my wrist and I growled. "You used your pathetic power to control me. That won't work forever."

He held me close and sighed, "I don't want you to feel like I'm trying to hurt you, Carrie, I wouldn't do this if you just made it easy and stayed safe, with the pack, protected."

I smirked bitterly, "Order me to stop feeling like that, maybe that will work for you."

He sighed and shook his head, "do you realize how worried I've been? I've been searching for you all day."

I froze and turned my head to the side. "No. You don't get to worry and search and hold me when I come home. You took away my job, my independence, everything. You don't get to play worried mate. Not with me."

My unsaid words hang in the air  between us like heavy chains.... 'Not with me, with Megan.'

But we remained silent. Eventually, I pulled away and walked into the house.

"Megs? I'm back." I called.

The house stayed quiet and Ben walked through the doorway to my side.

"Megan?" I called again.

Nothing.

I turned to Ben and we exchanged confused looks, then he walked toward the kitchen and I climbed the stairs, both of us yelling for Megs. I reached her hot pink-walled room and knocked, after waiting with no reply I swung the door open and walked in. My wolven eyes immediately caught on the thick parchment letter resting on my sister's pink desk. My stomach dropped as my eyes trailed across the inked out message and I screeched for Ben, hurtling down the stairs. He met me in the lounge, eyes wide.

"What?"

I held out the parchment and he took it, eyeing me. His eyes widened as he read the message and I stood watching him, the words burnt into my brain.

Return the Valderian by Sunday, moonrise or the sister dies.
Signed: Gracious Belinare