Fights and Finalities.

BEN'S POV
Two days. Two days of walking and camping. But I barely noticed. Time melted, waving around us like soft silk.

Carrie's link was still open, her contentment warmed my body, her happiness swirling in my chest.

Her chocolate hair was thrown up into a long wavy pony, it reached a little further than her waist now. Her already fit body was looking stronger, the turmoil of our adventures had toned her muscles.

Her eyes sparkled and warmed as she spoke, her skin had tanned a little under the sun, and she had lost a little weight, but her curves were still ridiculous.

"And that's why to kill a mockingbird is so incredible. It's just so, so well written."

I grinned at her, her passion buzzed through the link. We set up camp an hour later, having debated books and movies for hours on end. The fire cracked, the moon rose high, and the stars shone brighter then I had ever seen them.

"It's cold." I breathed, rubbing my hands together.

Carrie nodded, breathing onto her fingers. I pulled her closer, wrapping my arm around her shoulders.

"We'll get back in a couple of days, I think if we push the walking tomorrow."

She nodded tiredly, her green eyes heavy. Silence blanketed us, and she cuddled closer as a breeze nipped at our skin.

It was a long time before either of us spoke. Minutes felt like hours, or days. I didn't care. I could have stayed like that for the rest of my life.

"Ben, " her voice shook in the cold air, and I kissed her hair softly,

"Carrie?"

"there, there's so... much. You're royalty, I'm the Valderian." Her words run together as if she had been keeping herself from saying all of this for ages.

"People think we're...different, that we're, powerful. Something is expected of us. We keep getting taken, we could have been separated at the auction, it's...if you had... I can't,"

"Hey, hey, "I cut her off gently, lifting her chin a little to look at me.

Her eyes met mine and I pulled her closer,

"I'm right here Carrie. I'm not going anywhere."

We were inches apart, my eyes dropped to her lips, and her body was melting into mine, "I'm right here." I whispered again.

Her body warmed, the pull she felt toward me burned through our link.

I leaned down, my hand warming the back of her neck. Our lips barely grazed and I felt the burning heat, hers through the link and mine inflaming in my chest.

Suddenly she pulled away, soft cry leaving her lips as she fell back onto the damp leaves.

"Carrie!" I exclaimed.

She pushed away, scrambling in the dirt, her eyes frantic.

"Don't!" She all but yelled, stumbling onto her feet.

"I, I'm" she shook her head.

Then her werewolf speed took
over, and she disappeared.

CARRIE'S POV

"Carrie?" He called softly from behind me. I didn't turn, just reached my hand out to the side, leaning it against the tree next to me.

"You need to leave."

"Carrie," He demanded softly.

"Leave me alone Ben!" I cried, still refusing to turn.

I heard him step closer and I felt my body tense and tremble at the same time.

"We were going to kiss back there."

His words made my wolf howl in my head.

"No," I whisper back.

"Yes." He growled," I would have pulled you in by the back of your neck. Your fingers would have slipped into my hair, "

He took a breath, listing his predictions like facts. I could practically hear a soft smile pulling at his lips as he said his next words,

"You'd make that adorable sound you make when you're happy."

I growl, my fingers clawing tree bark.

"No!' I snarl, whipping around to face him.

"I'd kiss you until your lips burn."

"I would've pushed you away."

He shakes his head and steps closer.

"You would have loved it Carrie...my hands on your skin."

"I would've clawed your cheek!"

His eyes locked on mine, "my lips on your neck."

"I would hate every second!" I cry, beginning to sound desperate.

"Our wolves would flip."

"Maybe yours would." I return weakly.

He smirked softly and gave me a knowing look,

"Carrie," he warned gently.

I shook my head, furious, stepping closer. "You're marrying my sister, why the hell are you pushing this?"

My wolf whimpered in pain, I pushed her away.

"I have to leave her."

His voice was calm, solid. My stomach dropped to my feet, and my eyes widened in panic.

"No, no, you can't do that! She loves you, you love her."

He stared me down, uncompromising.

"You're going to wreck her happiness because of me," I say, the words feeling like cold metal on my tongue.

"It's not just you. I've been... rethinking."

I shook my head at him, "But I instigated your rethinking, I made you question the wedding."

He nodded slowly, and I felt something in me break.

"Please, don't this. She's in love with you."

He shrugged, "along with my money, power, and title."

I stepped closer, sounding frantic,

"She'll make an excellent Luna."

"So would you."

I stumbled back, "I'll never be a luna." I spit venomously.

His eyes softened and he stepped forward. "Carrie,"

I scrambled away frantically.

"You can't do this."

"I have to." He sighed.

I shake my head quickly, "stay with her, I'll leave, remove the crest and I'll disappear. You can fall in love all over again."

His eyes flashed at my hysteric plan.

"I've told you before, you aren't leaving. I can't protect you if you're an ocean away."

My voice cracked, and I knew I had lost

"I hate you."

He shook his head sadly,

"No you don't."

His eyes never left mine,

"And one day, you'll have to stop pretending."