Bodies and Blue berries

DANTE'S POV!!!!!

"Where did you learn to do this?"

Carrie asked quietly, admiring her reflection in the river. Her gorgeous green eyes glinted wildly, a strange mindblowing contrast to the dark blue patterns on her face. 

Rent smiled at her, "art runs in my family, my mom taught me to paint before I could walk. "

A kind warm smile pulled gently at her lips and her eyes softened on him.

My wolf whined restlessly. I stepped toward them, "in that case, what happened to my disguise? I look ridiculous."

A mixture of splotchy mud stains and sludgy water plants stuck unevenly to the body at odd angles.

Rent's eyes snapped to mine, immediately hardening. "What's wrong pretty boy?  Afraid the mud makes you look fat?"

I growled, "I look like I swam halfway across the river."

"You smell like it too." Rent replied.

Carrie rolled her eyes at us and stepped forward.

"Play nice boys," her eyes snapped to  me, "You look fine Dante."

"Easy for you to say," I grumbled.

Carrie looked incredible, Rent had crushed blue river berries and created a paint, then he used his fingers to create fairy patterns across her face.

Thin vines wrapped in twirly criss-cross patterns around her body all the way down to her fingers. Rent had ripped up her purple shirt, only leaving the top, ripped into a sweetheart neckline, outlined with vines around her breasts.

He had fashioned the rest of the uneven purple rags up and down her body, intertwining purple material with vines.

Her curves were shown off perfectly, along with a lot of skin. Across her exposed flat stomach, arms and legs Rent had painted similar dark blue fairy symbols and patterns to the ones on her face.

My wolf growled at the thought of his hands all over her and it caught me completely off guard.

Rent himself had kept it fairly simple, using different shades of mud, sand, and soil in sharp-edged patterns to create the illusion of pebbled skin like that of a rock grumpus.

"So we're all ready?" Asked Carrie, looking around our little group.

The two guards Rent had brought would stay at the top in case we didn't come back in time, someone needed to tell the alpha we had failed.

We made our way back to the hole, and I made a conscious effort to keep my eyes off Carrie's body. But once we began prepping for the jump, I pulled  Carrie to me, wrapping my arms protectively around her waist, and pushing her head gently into my chest.

She didn't have time to protest before I stepped over and her arms wrapped around my neck.

We landed with a soft thump on solid ground and a second later Rent landed next to us.

"Alright. Let's go after this idiot, I can't believe I agreed to this."

"Shut up Rent ." Whispered Carrie.

"Let's just hope they don't kill us right away, maybe they'll  give us some time."

"Shut up Rent!" I growled.

We kept walking, making sure to block out sound by stuffing bits of thick river leaves into our ears and pressing our fingers and palms so hard against our them it actually hurt.

Eventually, we made it to a curtain of vines and our hands dropped to our sides.

"We're all going to die."

"Shut up Rent."

Then we walked through the Curtain.