Trust Issues (Chapter 40 Part III)

Start from the beginning

"I'll be his fuckin Daddy. You don't need this bitch." Man spat.

"You gon' stop calling me a bitch." I spoke up as I walked toward him, not even phased by the gun he had pointed to my chest.

"Jerome shut the fuck up." Mookie hissed. I could tell she was nervous about Man's next move but I wasn't. This girl was his soft spot and I knew that he wouldn't do anything to hurt her so I was using that to my advantage. On any other occasion, I wouldn't be this bold with him. I wasn't scared of Man, I just valued my life and I wasn't stupid.

"You got lucky this time bitch, better be glad she love her son enough to spare yo fuckin life. If it wasn't for her and my nephew, yo big ass head would be in yo Mama's mailbox." He spat as he looked at me with disgust. "She not gon always be around to save yo bitch ass tho." Man said looking me in the eye as he tucked away his gun.

Mookie was crying hard as hell so he went over to her and wrapped his arms around her. She laid her head on his chest and hugged him back while I stood there awkwardly. The whole time his eyes never left mine.

If it was one thing that I hated, it was seeing Mookie cry. Especially when I was the cause of it. Shut hurts my soul. I wanted to comfort her myself but I knew she wasn't for it.

After they released each other, he whispered something in her ear that caused her to nod her head as she cut her eyes at me. He stood there mugging me before walking toward the house. As he passed me, he bumped into me hard as hell causing me to stumble a little.

If Mookie wasn't already distraught I would've swung on his ass. I was just gonna have to catch him at another time. I waited until Man was gone to speak up again. "Baby, I-"

"I don't wanna hear it Jerome. You don't have to worry about me preaching and telling you the same thing over and over again. Do what you want, I don't care anymore. It's your life. Don't call me when this shit blows up in your face." She sniffed as she shook her head. I watched as she turned and walked away from me. She got into her car and drove away, not looking back once.

I stood there for a little while, I was stuck and didn't really know what to do. After collecting myself, I finally got in my rental car and drove to my Mama's house. "Hey Daddy." Li smiled as I walked through the kitchen door. She was helping my Mama cook dinner.

"Hi Princess." I said kissing her forehead as I wrapped my arms around her. I held on to her a little longer than usual. I needed her right now. My baby was my peace. After Aaliyah finally pulled away from me, I headed into the kitchen where I knew my Mama was.

"Hi Ma!" I spoke up as I entered the kitchen. She was cooking so her back was turned to me. I saw the look that was on her face when she turned to speak to me.

"And what the hell happened to your neck, Khalil?" Mama asked, without even greeting me. I should've put on a jacket or turtle neck to cover up the gauze that covered my bullet wound before coming up in here.

"What you do today?" I asked Aaliyah.

"Oh, so you don't hear me talking to you?" Mama asked, slapping me in the back of the head. I hissed before rubbing my head and moving away from her.

"Ouch Mama, dang." I whined.

"Aw shut up." She said smacking her lips.

"Go upstairs and see what Justycee is doing, Li." I instructed her. She wiped her hands off on a towel before leaving the room. Shortly after I heard her footsteps running upstairs.

"Man and I got into a lil argument." I informed her, making her narrow her eyes at me.

"About what?" She asked.