Author's Note

Hi everyone! This is my first ever action novel on Wattpad and I hope you guys will like it! I'm not an experienced writer, so do point out my mistakes or if I have too many large paragraphs that make my story difficult to read 😊 I am open to feedback (really, just comment away what you think).

IMPORTANT NOTE: I know the main genre of this book is action, but the action bits only come in after Chapter 5, so please don't stop before Chapter 5. There's a buildup we need to establish before all the action comes in, honey.

Chapters with ❇ have music, in case you wondered what the emoji was for.

Growing up in a single family has never been easy for Gwen, and more so when her father is the leader of an infamous, brutal mafia gang

Growing up in a single family has never been easy for Gwen, and more so when her father is the leader of an infamous, brutal mafia gang. But they're not your average bunch of hoodlum muscle-heads that only fight with fists; the mafia have also upped their game and created a parallel universe hidden away from the outside world with advanced Virtual Reality Technology: a world full of crime.

Caught between 2 worlds, Gwen has a duo-persona; a high school student by day, and a mafioso by night. What makes things worse is when both of her worlds collide.

Gwen learns that she cannot trust anyone, because they could turn out to be her worst nightmare. But will she be able to trust her newfound allies, overcome her haunting past and put an end to the war?

 But will she be able to trust her newfound allies, overcome her haunting past and put an end to the war?

This book is rated Mature (M) for some graphic violence, profanities and some mild scenes. It's not excessive, rest assured.

If you are not comfortable with any of the aforementioned themes, please do not read this book.

CRIMES OF EREGORFirst published May 2018

CRIMES OF EREGOR
First published May 2018

➸ A Wattpad Featured Story in Action, Adventure, Crime, Mystery, Science Fiction, Young Adult and Super Hero

Finally, I would like to thank you all for your support with my book thus far. Without you guys, my book would've never been vibrant and bursting with hilarious comments that make my day.

This is just one of the millions of books out there on Wattpad, and I thank you guys so much for giving me a chance and picking this one up to read.

For those of you who have been with me since this book was once called Two Can Play This Game of Love, and then When Our Worlds Collide, before I finally renamed it to Crimes of Eregor I in late 2018, y'all would've known I originally wanted to develop this into a cliched romance story with Kei and Justin fighting over Gwen, rather than an action-packed crime novel with badass female leads. But we went for the action thriller in the end anyway, and I haven't regretted it at all. The storyline came out much better this way and I was able to write something that I loved, rather than chase a topic that was popular on Wattpad.

I didn't manage to enter the Wattys Longlist in 2018, but this year I'm determined to try again after I did a lot of editing to the book based on feedback I got from all you readers who took time to comment and point out my mistakes.

The amount of editing to this book and the plot has been sheer, it took me several months of non-stop editing on a daily basis for hours and hours. More will be done to improve it even further in the near future.

I completed this book in October 2018, and brought forth the editing process into 2019, and revised once more in 2020. This book may seem somewhat romanticized like other Wattpad books on gangs, but I assure you it is not the same.

There's love, there's sadness, and a whole rollercoaster of emotions and turmoil that each of our characters face because life is never smooth sailing for them. Gangs aren't always about bad boys, falling in love in an abusive relationship or having a happy ending. This book is none of that sort. There's never a good ending until they're the last men standing.

Our characters are imperfect: they have their own struggles, fears, and things they have to overcome to make them stronger. They aren't born strong, they aren't good at what they do, but they do grow as the story progresses. And so do their relationships with each other.

Like every human being, they have strengths and weaknesses, but I'd like to focus more on aspects they were flawed in rather than their niches, because what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

And that's how I want my characters to be: people you can relate to, people you'd be friends with, and people you grow together with.

Where technology and the mafia collide, I present to you: Crimes of Eregor I.

This is a work of fiction

This is a work of fiction. Any means of relation to persons or incidents in reality is purely coincidental.

Please don't steal my work hun. The gang will hunt you down.

Copyright © 2018 by Valerie Joan

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.