17 : Four Days ❇

[A/N: Thanks for 1.5k reads everyone No particular person I'd like to dedicate this chapter to, but I'd like to thank my readers who have always been actively commenting on my work and giving me feedback as well!]

5k reads everyone ❤ No particular person I'd like to dedicate this chapter to, but I'd like to thank my readers who have always been actively commenting on my work and giving me feedback as well!]

The silence of the room was broken by their deep breaths. Kei gazed into her green eyes. It was like the shade of lush grass that emerged from under the blankets of snow when spring had arrived.

My rival, my friend, and the one I actually loved after all these years.

Kei didn't even remember the last time she ever smiled when she was around him because of the disappointment that he was.

Kei was disillusioned by the fact that she was always so brave, and so strong that he failed to see her as a human being who, just like Gwen, had feelings. The only difference was that she chose to keep them to herself because everyone's safety mattered more to her than her own emotions.

Sheila's foster parents did a good job raising her to become the strongest woman Kei had probably met. And since his Uncle Cyprus and her Dad were good friends, they'd always get Sheila and him to spar.

"Are you seriously just gonna let Ren's daughter thrash you?" Kei's Uncle would always say, as Sheila got into her fighting stance. He hated to say that even though he never went easy on her because she was a girl, Kei still lost most of their battles especially when he was just starting out.

"If you're gonna soften your heart to every girl you see, you'll never become a stronger man, Keith!"

As Kei gazed into her eyes, he got lost in his thoughts and words just couldn't form sentences on his lips.

Was it really that difficult to force my apology? C'mon. I'm supposed to be a man.

"Sheila...I'm really sorry. For letting you down..."

She placed her slender index finger against Kei's lips, silencing him.

"Enough." She shook her head. "What's over is over..."

Kei took a deep breath. "Look..."

Before Kei could explain himself, she grabbed him by the collar and planted a kiss on his lips.

Did she just-?

Sheila wasn't the kind to do that, ever.

"I'm sorry about hurting you..." her eyes darted away from him and she made her way towards the door. "We should go grab something to eat and start gearing up... there are only 4 days left-"