Imagine- J.K.

My boss was absolutely breathtakingly stunning, yet also very frightening on her bad days. Her voice brought chills down my spine every time she spoke, even if it wasn't directly towards me. I continued to slightly be buried in my thoughts as I was walking towards my office. A figure ran out in front of me, causing me to jump back slightly, and pay attention. The person turned around to be the one and only, Jennie Kim. "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." She said in her usual cold, bored tone. "It's okay, is there anything wrong?"

"There is actually." Jennie soon became flustered. "There's a, um, spider in my office, could you possibly go in there and kill it?" I nodded without thinking to ask how large it was.

I walked into her office, and literally stared at the large spider. "That is a problem, that I might not know how to fix." I joked slightly. "Do you mind if I use a book or something?" Jennie nodded. "As long as you kill it, I'll be happy." I grabbed the nearest book and took a practice swing. Then I swung, watching the spider fall to the ground, and then laughing about it. "Now you're able to work."

"Thank you, (Y/n)." She happily thanked me as I walked out, heading towards my office like I was planning to. I briefly checked my personal phone, seeing many email notifications pop up. Eh, I'll read them later, too lazy.

Lunch rolled around, and I decided to go out and actually get some good food; mind that I haven't had that kind of food in a hot minute. I felt the eerie feeling of being followed, but that was a usual feeling on the streets of Seoul. "(Y/n)-ssi! Wait up!" I heard my co-worker, Lisa Manoban, shout. I turned and sighed, knowing that she'd want to join, and force me to pay— she always 'promises' to pay me back but never actual does.

Lisa finally caught up with me, "Where are you heading to right now?" I wanted to lie but I knew that I would be in some big trouble with her later on. "I'm going to lunch." Her eyes started to gleam. "May I come?"

"Only if you pay the bill this time." I quirked the corners of my lips. "Sure, I forgot that I haven't paid you back, so eat as much as you want." Lisa smiled sweetly.

We began our way towards the restaurant. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket several times, but I thought nothing of it. I was just happy that I was finally being treated to lunch instead of buying it for someone else. "How has the boss been treating you?" I shrugged slightly, then laughed at the moment that happened not too long ago. "I killed a huge spider for her earlier. She was really scared. It was funny as hell."

"That's so gonna spread around the office now." We laughed together as we entered the restaurant. I spotted a face that I didn't want to see right after talking about her. Jennie Kim. She waved us over towards her table. I looked at Lisa for her answer. "Let's go, this is a chance to get on her good side, and maybe get a promotion sometime soon."

"Good idea." I followed Lisa over towards Jennie's table. Goosebumps ran up my arm as Jennie's gaze darkened on my figure. "How are you, Manoban? I haven't seen you around the office in a while." She questioned the blonde beside me. "I've been working hard," Lisa said with the biggest smile on her face. "Your work has been a little sloppy here lately though, maybe get someone else to edit it." Jennie advised. "Ms. Kim," The mentioned woman stopped me before I could say anything else. "Just call me Jennie, (Y/n). As for you, Manoban, you do not have the right to call me that, okay?" Lisa just nodded and let me continue. "Is there anything else you want me to do on that recent project?"

"We'll talk about this in my office later, (L/n)." I just gulped and nodded; taking a sip from the water that was brought out to us.

Lunch was pretty boring after that. There was nothing to talk about, and all we did was force food down our throats. It was nice to see everyone eat well though, it made me feel full for some reason. 

"(L/n) (Y/n), come in." I didn't even knock on the door. "Why did you want me to come in here instead of talk about it at lunch?" Jennie sighed. "Because, your work is always excellent, and I shouldn't keep you at the same level as Manoban. We both know she never does anything right. I am promoting you to my personal assistant." Personal assistant? What kind of bullshit is this? I smiled at the slightly older woman. "Thank you, Ms. K- I mean, Jennie." Jennie smiled at your mistake. "Come over here." She demanded. I didn't question it, and walked over there, slightly scared of what'll she'll do to me. 

Jennie wrapped her arms around me warmly, and I didn't hesitate to return the hug. "Is there something going on?" I asked in a whisper-tone. "No, I've just been wanting to promote you for a while, and I didn't know how to do it. I was also scared that you wouldn't accept it. Plus you'll also get a way higher pay than what you last got on your paycheck."

"Thank you, Jennie. For all of this, I don't know how I should pay you back though." Jennie cracked a cackle. "You don't have to. All you have to do is be my personal assistant, and accept my love for you."