Chapter 14 -- Acceptance

"What's going on?" Jen asked, after noticing Justin and I hand in hand. My cheeks burned.

"I..uh--" I didn't know what to say. Would they be mad at me? Happy? Justin and the girls starred at each other. Mind linking? I observed them. Yes, that's what they were doing. I frowned. Why can't I know? Then there was that cheesy smile that appeared on the girl's face. Justin chuckled but didn't say anything.

"I can't believe you two are together! And that happened earlier than I expected. I'm so happy for you two!" She beamed, releasing me. The look on my face made the girls giggle. God, they were so bubbly.

"Well..I thought..maybe..you know?" I murmured, not sure what I was trying to say. Jennifer was a little closer to me than I expected. She placed two fingers on the nape of my neck and the look on her face made me question. Jennifer's eyes dilated. 

"You're blood is very welcoming," she said, looking dead into my eyes. I swallowed a lump in my throat.

"Don't let the intruders get to her, Justin," Taylor warned, pulling Jennifer away from me.

"Go have fun guys," Alex winked.

"Come on," Justin mumbled, pulling me to him. The sisters left faster than they came. I didn't know why. Justin and I were alone in the house again. Justin looked at me with a smile, questioning smile on his face. I pursed my lips.

"I have a questions," I said, breaking the silence. 

"What?"

"Who are the intruders and what will they do to me?" I asked.

"The intruders are the other vampires. They could suck you dry since you're a human being. Some can sense it if you're a Rare Blood or not. Some can't. But if the ones who sense you, can get to you easily. They can compel you into letting them suck you dry. This would kill you because your blood is already denying them but at the same time confirming them to drink from you. Your blood gets confused and it does the worse to you," He explained. Kill, and worse were the only two words that my brain caught. Everything else was a blur. I swallowed another dry lump in my throat. Justin pulled me closer to him and all my worries vanished. 

"Is there..is there more out there?"

"Yes but"---He rested his forehead against mine---"I won't let anyone hurt you." I grinned.

"Justin--"

"Shh." Justin glared at me with his eyes flashing red. Oh, okay. That was it. That was my cue.

"What are the girls doing?" I asked, changing the subject.

"They're going to perform this whole witch thing since you will be around them more often now. They're going to kill their hunger towards you so they don't ever suck you dry and kill you," He explained. I nodded. That doesn't surprise me at all.

"Don't you have to do that?" I blurted.

"I don't have to. I already learned how to control myself towards you. Just don't bleed in front of me," He warned, winking. I huffed and rolled my eyes. No bleeding in front of him. Check.

"Come on," He said, pulling me out with him.

"Where are we going?" I asked, grabbing my shoes and putting them on. He did the same and grabbed his car keys.

"We're going out to watch a movie," he smirked, pulling me out.

"Like our first date?" I asked, smiling.

"Whatever you humans call it." He murmured, before we both got into his BMW--because really, his cars were all tinted so no one could see anyone is doing inside the car. The car roared and we raced off.

This was going to be amazing. Just me and him. No intruders. Right? 

------------------------------------

Author's note: INTRUDERS ;)