Chapter 35 - Locked Behind

I ran as fast as my legs could take me, leaving behind screams of my friends that I had met earlier. Adrenaline kicked in and my heart raced. So, I thought I could outrun an angry vampire. What was I thinking? I shouldn't have turned around to see if he was still chasing me. Maybe then I would have dodged him somehow and made a way out. But I was wrong.

I bumped into a strong chest that tumbled me back a little but I regained balance quickly. I took one step back. There was a sinister look on his face as he tilted his head, a fearing smirk. His fangs disappeared but his eyes and veins remained. I felt a very, unwelcoming and uncomfortable heat that radiated off of him even despite the fact that we were outside on the beach by the ocean. I feared. If it wasn't for the sinister look on his face, it was the words that slipped out of him.

"Let's play a game." Vertigo kicked in and my emotions exploded within me. I wanted to say something but couldn't really find the strength to.

"Justin-"

"Why are we here, Alex?" He asked, taking a step towards me. I looked back to see if anyone was present but to my surprise everyone had disappeared. I turned my attention back to Justin. Then I looked up at the sky because something inside of me told me to. The full moon was visible and only this time it wasn't clear but a tint of red was around it. Then slowly and slowly the moon started turning red.

Am I the only one seeing this?

"Why are we here, Alex?" Justin was trying so hard to stay calm. I opened my mouth to say something but was suddenly thrown back a little as everything behind Justin began to change. As the moon grew redder, the sand grew darker. The ocean reeked of rotten, dead bodies. Then I saw figured far in this distance but close enough for my eyes only. Dark, hooded figures, several of them standing in one straight line next to each other looking at me. I couldn't make out the faces and truth be told I didn't even want to know.

"Speak," he demanded, his patients getting the best of him. I trembled under my clothes. My body was on edge now.

"Okay, yes. I lied! We're here because of stone. I brought you here so I can do what I have to with you being with me. Please don't misunderstand me, Justin! I came here for a reason!" First, it was because I wanted Justin to be powerful enough to destroy his father. But now it was more than that. Hundreds of lives were endangered. Nightmares didn't always just came with warnings, it came with much more than that! Justin didn't say anything at first, but then took couple, powerful steps towards me. I stood still.

If only he could see what I was seeing!

"You lied to me, Alexandra. I failed to understand you. How did you manage to block your mind so...skillfully?" He spat bitterly, bringing his face close to mine. I swallowed a dry lump down my throat.

His sisters taught me how to.

Warm tears pricked my eyes and they stung as I forced to keep them from slipping.

"I did this for you, Justin." I guess my justification wasn't good enough for him because before I knew it, he grabbed onto my arm in a painful grip. I winced.

"FOR ME?! ARE YOU FUCKING OUT OF YOUR MIND?! YOU THINK OF YOURSELF AS A FUCKING HERO?!" Finally, a tear slipped down my cheeks and my whatever piece of healthy heart I had left was broken.

"Justin!" I screamed as he swooshed me away, his vampire speed kicking in. My head threw back without a warning as we moved, my neck cracking in process. We were now standing inside the dark room by the window.

"Pack your stuff, we are leaving first thing in the morning!" He barked, throwing my duffle bags at me. More tears fell down my cheeks. I didn't come all the way down here for nothing! I worked hard for this and suffered severe consequences of the nightmares that I got. Today was full moon. The moon turning red on my only meant one thing and for this I have to do what I came here to do! Why can't he just understand me?!

"Justin..."

" A fucking sorry isn't going to cut it! Either do as I say and behave until sunrise of I'll be forced into doing things I don't want to do with you." His threat was putting a toll on me. But I couldn't let him get to me. If only he could see and feel all the things I felt! Maybe then he would budge! But I couldn't show him. Not here, not right now. I nodded, looking down. Justin's anger only rose.

"Do as I say, Alex. You don't want to anger me any furthermore. I don't want to have to apply action on you." Action?! Would he really hurt me! I looked him dead into his eyes and saw nothing but a promise. I looked away and walked to the bed, sitting down on the edge. Justin didn't come near to kiss me nor said goodnight to me as he left, closing the door after him. And not only that, with a little faint click of the door knob told me he had locked me in. I thought I could easily just open it with he bobby pin in my hair but suddenly the door knob had turned red. I got up as curiosity for the best of me. I touched the knob and instantly flew back as it burned my palm. I winced in pain and bit my lip from screaming as it stung, almost melting the skin off of my hand. Did he really do this to me?! How can he!! I banged on the door.

"Justin! This isn't fair! Open it! How can you lock me in like this?! You burned me!" I continued to bang but then suddenly something happened to where no matter how much I wanted to bang, I just couldn't. No matter how much I tried, my hands would not touch the door but merely stop few inches away from the door. I tried to get hold of any part of the door but my hands wouldn't touch it.

No!

I stepped back, turned around and faced the window. He thinks he can just lock me in and be okay with me? But the window was untouched. I guess he was so angry at me all he saw was the door and used it as a weapon against me but completely forgotten about the window. I slowly but surely walked up to it and studied. What if he did use the window as a weapon against me too? I wanted to touch it but was scared to. But I had to know. I touched it really quickly before withdrawing. It didn't burn me! I touched it again and nothing happened. I smiled. Sometimes people forget about things when they're angry and only use things as a weapon that they think is suitable for them. Even despite everything, I thanked him for this. If this was test then I might just have to study it a little harder and pass without getting caught. I didn't want to risk that anymore.

All I had to do was wait until Justin fell asleep and everything was quite. The moon was still full and alive, constantly tempting me. The night wasn't over. Couple more hours wouldn't hurt me.

Justin was smart. I realized that after observing the window a little more. The window wasn't meant to be opened. It was for show and tell. Maybe that's why he didn't use the window much as a weapon.

I smiled.

All windows break. I just had to apply some basic knowledge and principle into it without awaking the beast.

Just wait, Alex.

After all, I'm a Rare Blood.

Justin is going to kill me this time after he finds out about my plan. But if I didn't do this now then maybe I will never be able to in the future.

I was scared. I knew I was in deep shit. But I had no choice but to take a leap into the ocean of risks.

--------------------
Author's note:

Hi guys!! You wonderful people! All the comments and votes got me so happy! I wake up everyday with a smile! Thank you all! Stay tuned for more <3