Chapter 52 - You Want Me Gone

Triumph is an illusion. You never know what will win. Good or bad? Even the willful stumbled, crashing headfirst into submission. I was that person I didn't want to be part of. Nightfall came quick but lasted for a long time. When morning did came, I bloomed--but like a dead flower. I no longer felt that physical pain I was feeling before and I was kind of relieved for that.

My eyes burned at the first sight of the sunlight blooming in on me. I tried to sit up but failed as my body fell back on the bed. I heard a low chuckle from next to me and I turned my head to face it. Justin grinned as he lifted me up from the bad. I sat upright, facing him. Despite everything happening, I managed to smile. For a moment, we didn't speak. We just bathed in our own comfort, breathing in and out equally. WE were brand new. Our relationship felt brand new. Right now, we weren't a student or a teacher. We were two different people but feeling the same exact thing. In my eyes, he was my long lost love returning back to me. In his eyes, I was gold.

Justin reached out for me and grasped my face into his palms before smoothly running his fingers across my lower lip. I sighed and relaxed under his touch. I wanted to make this a brand new day for me. Whatever that was left of me today, I wanted to live it. I lost so much and gained so little.

"We need to get ready for class, baby." Somehow, I had forgotten we still had school. I slid the blanket off of me.

"We have time. Shower with me," I whispered, grabbing his hand. Justin was perplexed for a second.

"Alex."

"Please." My voice was laced in need, something I wanted to conquer. Without a response, he holds his hand out for me to take. Without a hesitation, I take it. Justin leads me into my bathroom and swiftly locks the door behind him. I bathe him in as I stand still by the toilet, observing him from head to toe. I nervously fidget my fingers as he walks towards me. My heart races. When you want to feel like a brand new flower and blossom, what do you do?

Then he turns the water on and lets it run smoothly before sliding the curtains to the side. I bite my bottom lip. I want to tell him, Luis. I want to tell him so he can help me...so he can be my side. I want to return back to him. He slides his hand through my cheek and gently cups me. I relax under his touch and lean it, pushing my face into the palm of his hand. Justin's silver eyes are hooded. Then they glisten under the light like some type of magic.

"What's wrong, Alex? I know when you're out of the place so don't even bother lying to me." I flutter my eyes open, suddenly alert. Luis' words still echo in me, constantly reminding me of my duties and responsibility. What do I say to you, Justin? I'm compelled not too. I want to say so much. I had told you before about my nightmares and you hadn't taken that so lightly. If I tell you that your---whatever that is left of your family---is captured and tortured with your other companions then you might just go crazy. If I tell you that your mother's life is attached to me, you might just react.

You can't save everyone just like I can't save everyone. You can't even go out there to kill your father and brother because if you do...they will know about you being back to normal. Sandy is a witch, your father and brother both are strong vampires---let's not forget they have Lucifer's support all the way. They are three, evil and powerful individuals, aside from having a pool of their own army on the back waiting to attack by just a single word. How can you fight all those all at once? You can't.

How will you coop knowing that you get a choice you never wanted? Me or your mother. They took my mother away from me, I won't let them take away yours. MY emotions welled up and knowing that I was keeping such a big issue away from him broke my heart. But I was helpless. Tears threatened to spill but before I could let them roll down me like rain, I reacted. I grabbed his face into the palms of my hand and smashed my mouth against his. My audacity caught both him and I off guard but Justin left no space in between as he kissed me back with just as much force.