Chapter 50 - Flames of Torture

Four days. Three nights. They were agonizing and full hatred and torture. I endured everything. I had to. My life was had taken a drastic turn and I hadn't expected it. I told myself to be strong but as if days and nights went by, I was becoming weak, mentally and physically.

   This was my fourth night. My mind couldn't grasp anything else but to what was to be expected. From the corner of my eyes, I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I was worn out and weak. Dark, grey shadowed my eyes and my lips were chapped. My face had all the blemishes an old lady could possess but I was only Twenty. I had not slept a wink of a eye for the last three days as I was slowly dying in agony. I closed my eyes tight and my voice cracked. Four days and three nights seemed short and anyone can say it is, but to me...It was expected that there might not be a tomorrow for me. I knew that from the bottom of my heart. And this was my fourth night to endure everything. My punctured wounds from the side of my neck were still new, raw and fresh. I didn't have time for it to healed.

And nobody helped.

Heaviness shackled. Pain swamped and I felt it all over me. Vertigo kicked in and I tried everything to regain my balance and consciousness but my feet gave out and I hit the side of the wall. My hands reached out and I grabbed onto the table next to me to keep myself up. I had no energy left in me. My inner goddess had nothing to hold on to. My heart went into labor and I knew that sooner than later, my heart would give out and so would my body.

Justin stood in front of me in the dark. The moonlight radiated off of him like he was made of glass and I saw everything. The remorse, the anger, the need to hurt, the need to cure...the love. He was fighting it. No matter how hard Sandy tried to win him over, my Justin was still in there hanging on. But he didn't know what was happening. He had no clue. And I had no choice but to stand still and keep quite.

Don't give up on me, Justin. Fight for me like I am fighting for you. Fight everyone. Good will triumph over evil. Keep that in mind and fight for us.

"Blood." His eyes turned a shade of red and I knew that he wasn't fighting hard enough. He couldn't. Clear moon was my weakness. Blue moon was his weakness. But there was no sign of Blue moon. I kept my eyes locked on the Moon behind him wishing something magical would occur. I wanted the clear moon to be gone. Can evil really win? Justin inched closer to me. A little bit of gold-like good that possessed him for about a good minute was now gone. Dark, thick, and an evil aura surrounded both of us and in that moment I knew what was to happen. If I had to fight and win, I needed strength.

I inched back and made sure I was leaning on the very corner of the wall to where the door was. My body was weak. Rare Bloods didn't have much but a very limited amount of blood in them. Twice a day for four days were agonizing and miserable for me. With what little I had, I have to stay alive. For my Justin, for my Mother, for Molinda, the sisters, and everyone else that mattered just as well.

I knew I couldn't win against Justin and his speed but I had to try. I took one step back and ran out the door. To my surprise, Justin didn't chase after me. But that didn't give me an idea to stop. I ran with whatever strength I had left in me. My vision blurred. But I continued. I ran towards the main door and out within seconds. There was no sign of Justin behind me. I was out of the house and into the jungle. I didn't know where I was going. I didn't bother to grab my jacket on the way out or any other sort of weapon with me. The chilling wind greeted me with a whole lot of discomfort but I didn't stop. My body was beyond cold but that was the least of my worries. I had to keep my tears from spilling before my body dried out. I could easily catch a cold and my body would give out on me. But I had to keep running. My surreal chants were everlasting but my body didn't grasp it well.