Chapter 24 - Fears

I sat in the car with my arms against my chest and a pout on my face. I was aggravated, but at the same time wanted to laugh at myself for being so stupid. My face grew red.

"Will you stop laughing at me and pay more attention to the road?! God, you're going to crash the car, Mr. Rivers!" I yelled, looking away. Justin stopped the car at a red light and lightly tapped on the steering wheel. Pure five seconds of silence engulfed us when Justin, out of the blue, had to kill it with his obnoxious laugh.

"You're so stupid!" He accused, covering his mouth from laughing furthermore. I bite my lip, frustrated.

"Who puts 'Name the three largest lakes by the surface area'?" I said, throwing my hands in the air.

"Who doesn't know that?! It's an high school question. Majority of my students knew that but you!"

"What's the answer?"

"Caspian Sea, Lake Superior, and Lake Victoria," He casually said, shaking his head.

"What did I put?"

"450 feet, 200 feet and 790 feet!"

"I thought it was an math question!" I defended.

"Even if it was, 450 feet, 200 feet and 790 feet wouldn't even be the largest. Are you serious?" He laughed. My cheeks grew redder than a tomato, and if it was any possible, I would of had died of embarrassment. I gave Justin my death glare and he instantly shut up, pulling away. Another pure silence engulfed us when all of a sudden, Justin laughed silently from covering his mouth. It was so loud, he didn't even have to cover his mouth. I didn't look at him again and soon enough, I joined him.

I laughed it out, covering my face. Justin's head was leaning against his steering wheel while laughing it out as well. After what felt like forever, we both stopped to catch some breath.

"I hope you know, I hate you!" I said, getting out of the car with a "screw you" look. Justin followed me and then caught up to me, while wrapping his arms around my waist. We both walked in hand to hand inside. Not my house, but his house.

"I just realized I left my car back in the parking lot," I said.

"We'll pick it up later. But for now. . . we're going up," He said, picking me up in a bridal position, earning a squeal out of me.

"Can you walk like a normal human being, please?" I said, wrapping my arms around his neck for a better position.

"Angel?"

"Yes, blood sucker?" I chuckled, earning a 'you bet' look from him.

"I'm not a human being," He winked. Within seconds, Justin was already positioning me on the bed with a thud, using his vampire speed to get up here. His warm, soft, luxurious bed engulfed me into it's wrath and I immediately melted. The bed itself was a big part of me in this house other than the living creatures here and every time this bed would relieve my stress away. Justin climbed on top of me and pinned my both wrists above my head.