Chapter 31 - Motel Room

Packed, dressed, and ready to go. Justin stepped outside and started to load the car with our belongings. I looked at Justin and when I realized his attention was no where at me or near me I took this as a cue to turn back to Molinda. Molinda rubbed my shoulders in reassurance.

  "You sure you want to do this?" She mumbled. I nodded.

  "Couldn't be any happier."

 "Justin will find out sooner or later," she said, looking at Justin. I turned my attention to him.

"I'm aware. But I'll make sure I get what I'm going for and succeed before he even gets the idea of it."

"Be careful." I smiled at her genuinely and turned to the girls. My smile dropped.

Somewhere down the line of evidence of what I was aiming for, I had tried my best to erase it before anyone found out about my plan but somehow I hadn't succeeded well enough. The girls had stepped on my line. Now they knew and they weren't so happy with me.

"You guys promised me you won't tell," I reminded them. Jennifer sighed.

"You are absolutely crazy and stupidly in love," she whispered, shaking her head in disbelief. I didn't question that nor did I reject her accusation. I shrugged.

"For the well-being of everyone and beyond," I whispered back, smiling. The girls finally smiled and Molinda was the first to react by giving me a tight hug.

"If you need anything, let me know. I'll always be here."

"I know." Just then Justin honks the car. I turn around to leave but stop.

"Wish me luck. I'm going to put my powers to test," I winked, making sure only Molinda and the girls heard me. Before I got into the car I heard Alex whisper something to Taylor. It was a whisper but I overheard it. My heart thumped audibly against my chest.

Justin will kill her if he finds out...

_________________________________________________________________________

        The sky had picked up fast. November's weather felt like January's, cold and frustrating. If it wasn't the icy rain it was the chilling wind. We passed through various different counties and high peaked mountains. Justin laces his fingers through mine and squeeze lightly.

   "Cold?" He asks, letting go of my hand to turn the heat up.

   "Very."

   "Still want to go to the beach? We can always turn around. It's too cold for the beach anyways." Justin smiled. 

  "It's warmer up there. Keep driving," I reassured, biting my lip.

"Touchè." I  smiled.

"Thank you, Justin."

"For what?"

"For this. For driving me to California. For us." I grabbed his hand and squeezed.

"Never thought of or planned to go down there. I guess there is a first for everything. For us."

"You will love it. Trust me."

"I hope so."

  And just like that our conversation ended on that note. It was a comfortable silence as I laid my head on his shoulder while he drove. Every now and then I would lean in and kiss him a sweet kiss on his cheek for being sweet as he was.

"Do you think you can do nineteen hours?" Justin whistles, his eyes wide and alert.

"Nineteen? didn't think it'd be that long. Let's turn around before it's too late--"