Chapter 26 - Break me then Cure me

My stomach dropped as I vomit out the substance, and my body started to tremble. I couldn't hold on to myself anymore, but before I dropped, Justin grabbed on to me and pulled me up. My vision wasn't clear enough but I had the strength to talk.

"Why are you here?" I choked out.

"Why are you drunk?" He asked, completely and utterly ignoring my question. I chuckled.

"Oh you care?"

"Answer me!" He growled, tightening his grip on my wrist.

"I don't have to answer you..le-let me go. I d-don't want to talk to you!" I flinched, trying to pull myself free from his grip.

"Alex, don't play with me! Why did you drink? Are you out of your damn mind! You're fucking nineteen! Stop being a fucking baby and grow up. And I told you to stay away from Mason, didn't I?! Get some proper sense in you and stop whoring around! Should have known you were fucking serious when you mentioned Mason today," He roared, pushing me even further into the tree, holding me tight to the grudge. The living dead in front of me was no longer gentle. Dark, thin veins stretched from underneath his eyes and his orbs turned a shade of tomato. Red, angry, and evil.

His words hurt, deep. My once numb heart cracked and I refused to cry. My blood boiled.

"You're fucking ridiculous. How about you let go of me and crawl back to the blonde that waiting for you back at the party. I'm sure she's looking for you, wanting that tender hug you gave her earlier. That sweet little innocent smile you flashed her. Go on, you don't want her finding you all huddled up with a student, now do you?" I spat, chuckling.

Justin's grip upon me loosened up a little but that did no good to me. I still felt the lacerating pain. The veins that were forming underneath his eyes were now vanishing slowly and slowly. I finally abdicated myself and pushed him away, walking ahead. Justin didn't move away from tree and his back was still facing me. I stopped on my tract, turned around and wiped away a single tear that fell down my eyes.

"Should have known. A guy like you can never be with a girl like me. Blonde is a one lucky bitch, I tell you." That's all I said before finally walking off, leaving an amused, yet, pissed off Justin on the back. I didn't know where I was, hell, I didn't even know where I was going. All I saw were trees around me. I was back into the forest and forests always scared me. I realized I was meandering around but at this moment I didn't care.

I didn't care about anything. For once. Not my mother, nor Justin. Was this the alcohol that was still numbing me? So they say. I didn't even accelerate myself to reach home early. At this point, even though I still felt the blur, I knew where I was going now. I remembered this forest and I knew I wasn't too far away from my house.

But I didn't want to go home. I didn't want to go anywhere, do anything, or say anything. I felt emaciated. I walked all the way to my place, not once looking back even though I felt a strong presence. I kicked open the door, humming myself in. Once I got in, I kicked the door back close.

"Happy Halloween, everyone," I spoke to myself, knowing no one was in the house to hear me. I caught myself before bursting out crying. And while the feeling of pure emotional tears rose in me, I felt something pull. My stomach rumbled and pure dizziness hit me. Then I fell.