Chapter 23 - Sparks in Class

Still sprawled out on the bed, I starred blankly at the ceiling. I didn't feel like moving and I didn't feel like getting up. When I looked at the clock, the time ticked six in the morning. College didn't start till nine. I didn't sleep at all, matter of fact. Justin left just ten minutes before to get ready and I appreciated his stay with me.

I'm not crazy, I know what I saw. Two red eyes and a dark black tall shadow. Then maybe I was crazy. I didn't know anything. Perhaps maybe I was just too scared and was seeing things. Yeah, that's it. I finally threw myself out of the bed and into the bathroom.

I quickly got done with everything, took a quick shower and stepped out with a soft fluffy towel around my torso. I didn't even felt like dressing in, instead, I plopped my ass back on the bed with my body still dripping. The house was quite. Filled with an eerie awkwardness. This was my house and yet again, I felt strange. I could hear my own breathing and this was starting to scare me.

In my own house.

Six-thirty. Time was ticking fast while I remained motionless on my bed. My eyes drifted off for a bit but then rested slightly at my bedroom door. My own Complex and I felt terrorized. I couldn't move. Maybe If I could just ignore what happened last night then everything will go back to normal and be alright. But that fear still remained deep inside of me. Hallucination is one thing but something so surreal with a hidden message that comes to you...you can't just ignore that. This wasn't the first time I saw such thing before my eyes.

Was someone out there to harm me?

"It's just an illusion, stop it. Stop it. Just open the door, no one is there. This is your house, Misty. Calm the hell down," I said to myself. I breathed out a smooth breath and without another thought, I kicked open the door.

Pure emptiness and a little bit of light greeted me with no one in front of me, whatsoever. But I knew that if I stood any longer than I was I would go crazy and start seeing things again. So, I grabbed my keys, my books, an apple, and ran down. I didn't even want to look back because I knew I would start seeing crazy things again. I just know it. That's what hallucinations do to you.

I got into my car, put the key into the ignition and drove off. I was freaking out for no reason and it was only six-forty five in the morning. College hadn't even started yet but I wanted my macho man more than anything right now. I smiled just thinking about our little meeting. He would pick me up and kiss me. And comfort me at the most.

I came to an abrute stop when the red light in front of me blinked. I took the advantage by pulling my phone out to text Justin. Just when I was about to text him, I stopped. I threw the phone back into my purse and smiled. Why not surprise him? I drove off when the green light hit and then finally stopped when I reached the university. I parked the car and grabbed my belong. Once again, I stopped again.

"Forgot to check myself!" I mumbled, rolling my eyes. I pulled the front mirror in front of me. And just when I slid the cover off the mirror, I jumped. Was this an illusion again? My heart skipped a beat and my body began to tremble again. I know what I saw this time!

The same red eyes flashed at me again through the mirror.