Chapter 37 - Bitter-Sweet Bite

I sat down on the bed in his bedroom with my knees up, trying desperately not to hyperventilate. Justin had gone out for way to long now, leaving me behind in dark. I waited impatiently. Darkness was my weakness and he knew that. The bruises on me pained me much worse than when they were first inflicted on me. Vertigo was right around the corner and just when I thought I was going to pass out, the door flew open.

I jumped back in surprise as he walked in, kicking the door closed behind him. He didn't dare to turn the light on and only let the moonlight do its magic. Justin didn't try to make a conversation with me nor really tried to soothe me by giving me gentle gestures. He was rough on me but surprisingly gentle only when it came to my bruises. Something cold touched my hands and I hissed as the impact made my burn sting. I tried to pull my hands back but Justin only grabbed them tighter, bringing them more closer to him. 

"Stay still!" He hissed, applying ointment on me. I felt like crying. Even after succeeding, I felt like I had lost my battle. Justin wasn't even trying to listen to me and no matter how hard I tried to reason with him he would only throw me under the bus. I even tried to hug him but he would just push me away. So I decided to stay mute the entire time until he decided to speak first. 

"It hurts, Justin," I whimpered, trying desperately to push my tears away. My eyes stung and I just couldn't hold it in anymore. For a few seconds, Justin continued to apply ointment on me silently but it wasn't until few stray teardrops fell on his arm unexpectedly. He stopped what he was doing but didn't look up. With a deep sigh, he got up and walked to the window. Then he raised his hands and knocked the lamp right off the table, angrily, with his other hand making a big dent on the wall. The wall cracked at the impact of his fist. I covered my mouth from making a sound. 

Justin clenched his fists into a tight ball and tightened his jaw, his muscles contracting. I got up and walked up to him. I wanted to touch him but was afraid. I raised my hand up and tried to touch but always dropped it in thinking he would attack me. But then finally I found the courage to do so and placed my hand on the back of his shoulder. Justin tensed up and my heart cracked. 

"Why do you defy me?" He asked, finally breaking the silence. He kept his gaze outside the window and didn't look back at me. I bit my lip.

"Some things are meant to be. If I hadn't defied you I wouldn't have gotten out. I wouldn't have gotten this stone for you." Justin punched the wall again and this time he turned to me. He grabbed my by my both shoulders. I expected a tight grip but he knew better as he held on to me, lightly. Justin's eyes turned again and this time black, thin veins stretched out from underneath his eyes. His whole face change and so did the environment in the room. The room temperature grew hot and the windows went foggy. His anger only rose higher than the temperature. I tensed up as heat struck me.

"Your little stunt that you pulled on me is fucking insane! I expect one thing from you and I end up getting another! To top it all, you fucking break the window with these delicate hands of yours and jump! Do you have any idea what you fucking put yourself through? You have the brains, why not fucking investigate and read more about whatever the fuck you read on internet?!" He yelled, grabbing both my hands. More tears slipped down my cheeks.

"Justin---"

"You are fucking weak. Stay weak like a fucking normal human being and stop trying to do dumb shit by risking yourself for me!" My heart broke and my ears rung at his words as they dug deep into me. Weak? Doing him, the world, and I a favor was my weakness? Anger arose in me and my hand rose with it, unexpectedly slipping and landing straight onto his right cheek.

I slapped him.

"You don't know a damn thing you're saying right now. Weak human beings don't go through intense shit for people like you like I did. I almost died for you! What do you think? I wanted to get that stone for the heck of it and put it in the china cabinet for show and tell? No, Justin! I did it for you. I did it so you can teach your father a lesson. Your father has been showing me things no normal human being can possibly digest. I see dead people, Justin. I read gruesome things. I get horrifying threats from your people. I see your little magical kingdom of friendly vampires being destroyed. So, I did it for you. I did it so you could live the Immortal life magically. I did it so you could defeat your evil family members like you always wanted to,"