Hae Jēda Is Ondoso-As Time Goes By

The kiss wasn't very long, but it did linger. It wasn't full of passion or bitterness, but instead love and sweetness. When he caught himself, Nikiro was shocked by the initial action but soon melted into the kiss again. Whether he allowed it to continue out of pity or guilt, he wasn't quite sure, but he did know that at that moment, nothing else mattered. Absolutely nothing. It was just him and Sin. His hesitance was nowhere to be found when he wrapped his arms around Sin. Sin was quick to respond by moving his arms up and around Nikiro's neck. They held each other close like it was their last night on Earth and they'd never see each other again.

Before the kiss could grow any more intense than it already was, Sin pulled away and Nikiro let him go. Sin let his hands slip away from Nikiro's neck and with them, all the longing and love he felt for the man. A smile accompanied by the clearing of his throat to get rid of a sniffle is what Sin present Nikiro with. Nikiro didn't say anything, though his eyes were firmly fixed on Sin.

"Sorry...I just...sorry. I know there's no excuse for that, but don't worry. It won't happen again. I think I'm okay now."

Nikiro straightened up. Was that really it? All he needed to move on was one, out of the blue kiss and he was fine? He knew that wasn't the case. He could tell by the way Sin nervously played with his sleeve that he was nowhere near okay. Sin was, however, able to make eye contact now. He stared right at Nikiro and without hesitation said,

"Consider it a goodbye kiss. Goodbye to all the sad feelings, goodbye to the what if's and could be's and...goodbye to...my feelings for you. I'll be fine...really. Just need some time."

All Nikiro could do was nod. He responded quietly as if the mere sound of his voice could shatter Sin's resolve in an instant. "Okay..."

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Sin didn't have to leave. They were in his room, to begin with. But he did anyway. And where did he run off to? Why to Dez of course. He had recently been finding solace in her company and if there was anything he needed right now, it was that. Solace. He knocked on her door and a disheveled and sleepy Dez answered. The sleepiness turned into concerned curiosity the minute she saw him.

"Oh my god, are you okay?"

The redness of his eyes had faded considerably, but still very noticeable. He had very prominent dark circles and his skin was as pale as a corpse.

"...I told him...I told Nikiro."

Dez didn't say anything. She just stepped aside to let him in. Sin slumped down at the edge of her bed and she followed behind him. He explained all that had happened and she listened quietly. The entire night was spent with her just letting Sin talk and as the sounds of the early morning graced the world outside, they had finally settled into sleep. Sin's head nestled in her lap and her fingers gently combing through his silky locks, lulling him to sleep. This was how the both of them drifted into the blissful nothingness of slumber.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Tobi stood propped up against a little pillar.

"Albus is coming to meet me! Don't tell anyone!"

Is what he remembered Astrid saying before running off, leaving him to stand guard. He was disappointed, to say the least when he realized that all she wanted to do was gush about Albus. Sure he was happy for her, but who was supposed to put up with his adrenaline junky antics now! A long sigh escaped his lips and he looked over his shoulder to see Ri-is and Yukimi approaching.

"Morning!" Chimed Ri-is.

Tobi responded with a peppy "good morning" of his own. "What brings the two of you out here so early?" He asked.