Skoros Kostagon Gaoman?-What Can I Do?

Rhona had said her goodbyes to Illya and left. Gilgamesh had left as well to make preparations for Diana, who had chosen to stay behind for a little while and get to know her new siblings. Sometime later, when the afternoon sun burned high in the sky, Ea and Ri-is along with Tah Min and Yukimi went in search of Sin. It wasn't long before the ardent clashing of swords captured their attention. Stepping into the adjacent courtyard, Sin could be seen very flawlessly darting to and fro, very evidently one step ahead of his opponent. His opponent was none other than Diana and she seemed to be having just as much fun as Sin.

Sin spotted the others and decided to put an end to their little sparring match. As she lunged at him, he swiftly ducked down, extending his leg so it would kick her feet out from under her. Without missing a beat, he elbowed her in the gut as she fell towards him, causing her to drop her sword. He then let her fall, placing his own sword at her neck.

Ea and the others walked over to them."I see you've already met her," he said.

Sin's triumphant smile never faltering, he extended a hand to help her up. "Yup. Glad to welcome another sister. The more the merrier!" He sang.

Diana took his hand and pulled herself up. "Thanks for the warm welcome then."

She looked over at Ea, whose brows furrowed upon making eye contact. A long silence followed the slow diversion of his gaze. "Look. I know you're pretty suspicious of me and I totally get that, but if there's anything you take away from me, let it be that all I wanted was a place to call my own. I was created for the sole purpose of revenge. My future, my will, even my body, none of it was entirely my own. So please understand that I'm only trying to make my way in the world."

Sin looked at Ea, a hand on his hip and smirk on his face. Ri-is and the two girls simply exchanged glances and waited for his response. 

Ea let out a long sigh of defeat. "I apologize if I've made you feel unwelcomed I understand your position. I will make an effort to keep that in mind."

Sin laughed and patted him on the back. "Don't think to cruelly of my little brother here. He's always had a very strong sense of duty to his family so that's why he was wary of you."

Diana laughed. "No worries. I get that."

"She hasn't been here long and you're already picking fights with her? Shame on you Sin!" Tah Min scolded half-seriously.

"Oh please! It was only a well-meaning sparring match."

Diana nodded in confirmation. "Besides, I'm glad someone around here shares my mutual thrill of battle!"

"That's not very fair Sin!" Called a voice from behind the group.

They all turned to see Nikiro walking up to them. "You had a sparring match with someone else first? I hope you haven't forgotten our promise from before."

Sin thought for a moment before his eyes finally lit up in recognition. "Oh, that's right! You'll have to make me a meal afterwards! I remember!"

Nikiro chuckled. "I don't think so. Sorry to break it to you, but I'll be the winner."
Ea sighed. "If you're going to spar, at least don't wreck the place like last time," he warned.

Sin waved dismissively. "Yeah, Yeah."

Yukimi tugged on Diana's arm timidly. "Huh?"

"You're a homunculus, right? I was wondering if it's not too much trouble...could...uh...well..."

Diana put a hand on her hip and huffed. "What is it? Spit it out already."

Ri-is glared at her as if to warn her not to catch that kind of attitude with Yukimi, seeing as how the poor girl was already quite intimidated.

"Would you mind coming with me so I can learn more about your kind? You see, I've read a lot about homunculi's regenerative abilities and I'm currently studying to become a doctor so I would really like to learn more about such an amazing power!"

Diana looked at Yukimi and scratched the back of her head bashfully. "Well damn. Seeing you all passionate about your dream like that, how am I supposed to refuse." She wasn't going to admit it, but she found it a little cute how Yukimi was so gung-ho about this.

Yukimi smiled excitedly and pulled Diana along. Ri-is decided to go with them and Ea decided to take Tah Min for a stroll, leaving Sin and Nikiro to their battle.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

C

heng sprung to the surface, gasping for air. Astrid floated up, revealing her shiny scales and truly nymph-like appearance. The way the sun bounced off of her sleek golden hair seemed to make it shimmer and he couldn't help but find the sight, absolutely enchanting. She laughed.

"Okay. With this, we're even!"

Cheng took a moment to process what she was saying. A laugh finally broke from his lips. Running a hand through his wet locks, he smiled. "Fantastic!"

Astrid pulled herself out of the water. As she did, the scales vanished. She extended her arm for Cheng to take. He did and she pulled him out too.

"I forgive you...but I don't necessarily agree with any engagement."

Cheng frowned a bit but didn't want to upset her again. "I understand your hesitance, but please do understand, this would be a good opportunity to form a strong alliance. More than that though, I have been completely taken with you and I assure you that I will do my utmost to make sure you always feel happy and taken care of. That being said, it's still your decision and I will respect whatever choice you make. All that I ask is that you take into account my feelings for you."

Astrid nodded, a small, sombre smile at her lips. She walked away in deep contemplation. Her parents were always very lenient and accepting, always pushing her and her brothers to do what they feel is right. Despite that, they also stressed the importance of their position in the world and the importance of striving to be well rounded and successful. Astrid always felt like she had enough freedom to do whatever she wanted to. However, as she reflected on her position as reigning Princess of one of the world's strongest superpowers, she found herself facing some uncertainty.
Her brothers are all very accomplished. Ri-is the sorcerer, Ea the swordsman and Zur-Sin the natural-born leader. Even her youngest brother Avarice was known for his success in sports and ability to charm the masses. What did she have? She wondered to herself if all that there was to her was her pretty face. She walked down the halls and around the corner. Before she knew it, she was in the courtyard, where she spotted Tobi playing around with his newest toy.

"Hey!" She waved.

Tobi turned around and smiled. "Astrid! Hey...uh..." When he noticed her less than chipper demeanour he paused. "What's the matter?"

Astrid sighed. "Nothing...I dunno...I just got a lot on my mind I guess."

Tobi glanced down at his motorcycle and them back at Astrid. "Then why don't we go for a ride? Help you clear your mind a bit!" He suggested.

Astrid thought for a moment before smiling back at him. "Alright!"

The two of them got onto the motorcycle and sped away.