Vējes-Fate

Tah Min turned to see what had Ea so riled up, only to come face to face with the arrow. Ea was quick to pull a stream of water from the ocean that enveloped the flaming arrow, effectively putting the fire out and dragging it back into the ocean. Fierce battle cries and the clamour of weapons could be heard on the approaching ship. The crew didn't even have time to respond as the earth began to rise beneath them, halting their movement and trapping them in small pillars that rose from the ocean floor to stop the ship. it wasn't long before the enemy began scaling their ship. Once on board, they began to attack.

Ea's soldiers were by no means incompetent. His forces quickly worked to push back the enemy, ensuring they couldn't proceed further into the ship. A few stragglers got past and were clearly targeting Tah Min. scaled wings sprouted from Ea's back as he leaped off the upper deck and grabbed Tah Min, only letting her down once he had flown over to the opposite end of the ship.

"KILL THEM ALL AND TAKE THE GIRL!" A woman's voice rang throughout the ship. Ea glanced back at the commotion to find the same woman from before, leading the attack.

"She must be the captain...Priestess, please hide in my quarters. I'll come to get you when this is over."

Ea gently pushed her up and she hastily followed instructions. When he was certain she'd be safe, he turned his attention back to the woman. Frost began to swirl around his right hand as a sword of striking blue ice formed. Seconds later he was behind her. He swung his sword down swiftly. It was so fast that any normal person would have been cut down immediately, but as he would soon find, this woman was no ordinary person.

She turned to him and with a smile on her face, roared a fiery breath that pushed him to the edge of the ship. He may be a dragon but it was only half of who he was. If he remained in the fire he'd surely start to burn with his ship. Tah Min glanced out of the small window on the door and saw him valiantly fighting the mysterious captain. His blade clashed with her tail numerous times but he couldn't land a fatal blow. The crew, despite their strength, was also having a trouble fighting off their vicious attacks.

Hidden at the tip of the woman's tail was a snake head that sunk its fangs deep into Ea's skin when he dodged. He fell to the ground in pain as venom entered his body at an alarming rate. He pushed himself up and gripped his sword but dizziness soon set in and he found himself unable to see clearly. His skin burned where the snake had bit him. So much so that in his hazy state, he thought that the fire on the ship was begginning to burn him. His body became heavier than it had ever been before and his senses were overwhelmed by the burning sensation of venom flowing through his veins.

In a rush of impulse, Tah Min ran over to an injured enemy soldier and grabbed his sword. Without a moments hesitation, Tah Min rushed into the fray of battle and with superb agility, she was able to surprise the woman and knock the sword out of her hands. Quick on the uptake, the woman snuck her tail beneath Tah Min's legs and knocked her to the ground. She opened her mouth, ready to unleash her flames but before she could, Ea's ice daggers pinned her to the ground while her back was towards him. She writhed and struggled against the restraints but could not get up. However, just as Ea had pulled himself up and was going to deliver the final blow, an all too familiar flurry of flames rushed over her in a bright wave, melting the ice in the process.

"EVERYONE STOP!"

Ea looked up to see a blurry figure flying just overhead, but he wasn't able to identify them as his body began to give out. He fell to his knees and the last thing he remembered was the gust of wind hitting his face as the figure landed in front of him.

•~•~•~•~•~•

Ea awoke to the soft sounds of chatter and the gentle sway of the ship. The heaviness on his body seemed to have lessened a great deal. He opened his eyes slowly. His head ached horribly as the rays of light that shone through the windows hit his eyes.