Arliñāre Tembyr-Fliping Pages

Dez was sure her cheeks were red now. She was absolutely mortified that someone had seen her in such a pitiful state. Sin grabbed the end of his shirt and rung out whatever water it had absorbed. Dez on the other hand, had yet to notice that the water had soaked her white tunic completely, exposing her bust quite transparently. Sin cleared his throat and removed his shirt entirely. He held it out to Dez.

"I'm glad I was able to um entice you so much but you may want to cover up." He said with a grin.

Dez looked down and grabbed the shirt from his hands. "Don't flatter yourself boy. It's like that because I was just pushed into a freezing cold pond." She said as she slipped his shirt on.

"...You know, you're not much older than me. You can stop referring to me like a child...and I didn't push you! I'll let it slide this time though." He laughed and got out of the pond.

"I'll stop referring to you as a child when you stop acting like one. Honestly, following me all the way out here..." She huffed as she got got out after him.

Sin turned on his heel and slung a hand around Nikiro's shoulder. "Don't flatter yourself hon. I didn't follow you here. I wanted to show Nikiro some cool places and just happened to find you here."

Dez groaned, slightly embarrassed with herself for assuming. Her eyes drifted to the little bouquet in Nikiro's hands. She pointed to it curiously. "What's with the flowers? You guys going around making flower crowns?"

"Why? You want me to make you one?" Sin teased.

She rolled her eyes. "No thank you."

Sin laughed. "It's nothing really. I was just showing Nikiro some nice flowers to give to his boyfriend."

Nikiro smiled awkwardly. "He was really helpful. He even explained the different meanings and everything."

Dez stared at Sin. "I never pegged you as a guy who sits around learning the meanings of different flowers."

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me." Sin comically finger gunned in her direction.

She scoffed and began walking back down the path to the palace, leaving them behind.

Nikiro watched her retreating figure and then glanced at Sin. "You two seem to be getting along."

"I know right. Haha!"

Nikiro and Sin began walking along the path as well.

"Sin, I was wondering. You're fun and definitely charming. Why don't you have a partner yet?"

When the words left his lips, Nikiro could have sworn that he saw Sin's smile falter. As if to dismiss the question entirely, Sin responded with his usual nonchalant antics.

"Oh? You think I'm charming?" He smirked.

Nikiro sighed. "I didn't mean it like that!"

Sin poked his cheek. "I know, I know. Anyway, we should head back. Come on."

Nikiro decided not to press on further and let Sin lead him back.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Illya and the others made it back to the banquet hall just as everyone began to leave. Cheng came out with Tah Min and walked up to Illya.

"I hope you enjoyed the festivities today." Illya said with a smile.

"I did. Thank you for having me as a guest. Your country is very lovely," he responded.

Astrid poked her head around her mother and gazed up at Cheng with dreamy eyes. He noticed and smiled which caused her to blush deeply and shuffle in front of Illya. At that moment both Raehar and Illya's eyes lit up. It returned to normal just as fast as it lit up and a frown graced both of their faces as they exchanged glances.

"Will you be staying with us a little longer?" Asked Astrid.

Cheng nodded. "Yes. I'll be staying for the next couple weeks as a representative of the summer Isle. We wish to establish a good connection with your country now that we're allied through my sister."

Astrid's smile grew and she silently cheered. Illya sighed and waved over Hayate.

"Hayate, please show Lord Cheng to his room."

"Right away my lady." He bowed and featured for Cheng to follow him.

Cheng excused himself and followed Hayate to his room.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The moon was high in the sky and the crickets resounded in a sweet song that filled the air. Blond hair bounced in the moonlight as it ducked behind pillars and seemingly maneuvered it's way passed guards. A figure had snuck into the palace and had managed to sneak all the way to where The adults were gathered and having a little drink, but while their eyes were glued to the violet Queen, several other pair of eyes were glued to them, waiting to pounce if given a reason to. As they approached the group, trying to hear their conversation better, they spotted a lone Yukimi very far in the distance bellow the group, being escorted back to her room by Ri-is after a night of exploration.

The intruder noticed the way Ri-is took extra care in handling her and settled in their hiding spot. As if a light went off in their head, they chose to take note of where they were headed and where they most likely came from and made the decision to pay them a visit the next day but for now, their primary focus was the group in front of them.