Ēlī Vīlībāzma-First Battle

Illya stood atop the rocky path, blocking their way. Tekina took a defensive position as she looked up at Illya. Every so often her gaze shifted as she searched for a clear opening to escape in case things went awry.

"We're just here to do some research. We came from Myahm Agana."

"I'm aware."

Kaito slowly reached back for the pouch hanging on his side, though he didn't get very far as Illya's eyes darted towards him the second she saw him move."I would advise against that."

Kaito froze but he didn't relent. "And why is that? You gonna kill us? We've heard a lot about you, the Mad Queen of blood and fire."

Tekina shot him a stern look, urging him to stop talking but of course he didn't listen. She tried to reason with Illya, ignoring Kaito.

"Look, all we want to do is collect some data on the land and it's species. We just want to observe them. I promise we'll be out of your hair before you know it."

Illya chuckled. "If what you say is true and you have no ill intentions, then why are you sneaking around out here?"

Kaito flared up again. "Are you crazy! We had to work our asses off to get past those centaurs in that forest!" He swung his hands towards the forest and gestured to it dramatically. "If we weren't sneaking around they would have killed us!"

Illya shifted her weight to lean on her staff. "That's the point." She looked towards Tekina and pointed at Kaito nonchalantly. "He's not very smart is he?"

Tekina sighed. "No he isn't, but he's right. This place was inaccessible when the previous King reigned due to the monsters he hypnotized. The weather wasn't exactly welcoming either. This is paradise compared to before. These lands only became un-isolated when you became Queen and enough time has passed that our superiors felt it safe enough to send in scientists to investigate. A chance to explore never before seen lands is an opportunity we can't pass up."

Illya put her hand on her hip. ".....you're one of their lab scientists aren't you." She meant it more as a matter of fact statement rather than a question.

Tekina nodded. "Yes. We are."

Illya sighed and began to stretch. "You scientists are the bane of Aganian people, an annoyance."

Tekina's eyes narrowed. "Forgive my tone, but it is because of us that our people are able to prosper with such advanced technology and innovative development. So I have to disagree with you. We are not annoyances, we're just trying to do our jobs."

Illya grinned, her expression darkening as her crimson gaze followed teir movements intently."Oh? Did I strike a nerve?" She asked tauntingly.

Kaito reached for his pocket once again. "Damn right you did!"

He pulled out several throwing stars, sending them in Illya's direction. She held her hand out and pointed towards the stars that barreled towards her. A soft chime resounded in the air as a clock like pattern formed at Illya's fingertip. It disappeared just before the throwing stars could reach her and the stars froze in the air before falling to the ground.

The sound of the metal stars hitting the rocky path beneath her feet was accompanied by a sinister chuckle. "If you want a fight, I'd be happy to give you one!"

Tekina stopped Kaito and stood in front of him. "Wait! We didn't come here to fight! If you let us pass we promise to send you a gift as thanks when we return home!"

Illya was silent for a moment. A smile eventually crept it's way onto her lips and she pulled her staff from the ground. "I have a different idea. You will leave and I will let you leave with a gift as compensation."