Se Ūndegon Hen Jēda-The Administrator of Time

Being part of Illya's world introduced Tekina to things she'd only ever get to read about in books, but now that she could experience it first hand, she wasn't about to let a single opportunity slip away.

"So Erebus...how did you become the administrator of time? I didn't even know the void had an administrator."

Erebus chuckled. "I'm more of what you'd call a gate keeper. I watch over the gates to Henaer's void. My predecessor was fired and ever since I've had this role. "

"Really? Why was he fired?" Questioned Kaito.

"I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to say."

Tekina examined his features, or at least tried to. He wasn't exactly making it easy for her seeing as the only visible source she had was his exposed left eye. Despite his white hair, she could tell he was fairly young, at least not old enough to be going gray.

"So....are you human or are you something else? We haven't met too many humans since coming here."

Erebus sighed. "Perhaps I was at one point in time..."

Kaito raised and eyebrow. "What do you mean."

Erebus' eye rested on the curious couple. He very rarely ever talked about himself, mainly because it was never cause for discussion, but he figured that if they were Illya's friends then they could be trusted and so, he took a breath and began to speak.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

In a time's long past, Erebus, or the man now known as Erebus was a brilliant researcher and scientist, even finding himself as part of Myahm Agana's most prestigious organization, The Kishan Apparatus. Despite it's name, over time, exceptionally genius researchers who weren't of the Kisha clan were allowed into the organization. Erebus performed his own private investigations and experiments in his own personal quests for absolute truth. In his research of Henaer itself, he created a machine with the power of extracting life, turning inside out, and creating new life. This device, he called the "Seed of Life". Knowing the implications of this device, Erebus decided to seal it away in a place nobody would ever find it.

In the end, his research would have consequences. As his research in Henaer's void cultivated and beard its fruits, he was thus punished by Goddess Henaer's older brother, who deemed researching anything related to Henaer, forbidden. Because Erebus had pierced the veil of the void in his research of Henaer's darkness and time distortion, he was sealed off and sent to the void, to maintain the gateway of the place he broke through to. In the process he lost a woman, someone dear to him, as well as his emotions and real body.

While he became tied to Henaer, he laid witness to a crucial event for the Apparatus researchers working underneath the tower in the place now known as the Celestial Capital. Their experiments in Celestial tower resulted in the group accidentally opening a passage to the core of Henaer itself. Trapped in Henaer, Erebus saw what the scientists had done from the inside. The energy spewing forth from open rift, destroyed the machine that opened it. The researchers were promptly consumed by the darkness and torn apart. Erebus, using the power he absorbed from the void, managed to shut the portal and regain some sort of tangible form, but because the void had damaged his shi so badly, his body was deformed and hideous to look at. So he dawned a mask and heavy cloaks to cover himself.

In the much distant future, Erebus as the gatekeeper of the void would allow adventurers into his realm to do battle with powerful foes that materialized in the dark dimension.