Ojūdan Vysossa-Lost Worlds

Illya led Tekina and Kaito towards the village. Her steps are effortlessly swift and it takes some effort to keep up with her pace. From their place on the rocky path, they failed to see a village. Instead what loomed in the distance was a giant cloud of black mist that spiraled slowly.

"Hey...you sure you aren't just taking us some place to kill us?" Kaito asked skeptically.

Illya glanced over her shoulder, the impish grin she flashed exposing her fangs. "If I were going to kill you, I would have done it when you were floundering on the ground like fish out of water."

The closer they got, the more they could see the vague outline of buildings. Illya led them up the path and beckoned them into the cool mist with her. They're swept inside, wondering if they'll be able to return home after this. To their relief, the cool mist cleared and the warmth of the bustling volcanic village hit them. Despite it being well into the day, the land here was somewhat dim. They chalked it up to the black mist that encompassed the village. However, the many lanterns served to beautifully and illuminate their surroundings. Every now and then a shop owner would come out to greet Illya or children would stop and ask her play. Tekina nudged Kaito, watching the Queen closely.

"See. She isn't so bad is she?"

"Says the woman who was almost decapitated by her not too long ago."

As they walked, Tekina found herself examining the various fruits and freshly picked ingredients of the stalls. A man with skin of dusty mauve caught her attention. His tusks shone under the lanterns as he smiled at her.

"For you and your friends!" He chimed as he presented two baskets of his finest goods to Illya.

She knew he wasn't looking for payment but nevertheless, she reached into her sash and pulled out two silver lunair. She handed it to him and took the baskets.

"Thank you!"

She turned and gave a basket to Tekina.

"What's in it?" Asked Kaito.

"Berries, nuts and various fruits from the forest," said Illya as she popped a berry into her mouth.

"But...the land is completely burnt! Is this even edible?" Tekina questioned.

Illya sighed as she strolled down the street. "Cahris, the woman you so rudely knocked me off of, is the guardian of that forest. She sustains the life there so that specific seeds native to here can flourish."

Kaito whipped out his notepad and made a note to learn more about these seeds, thinking that Tekina would have probably asked him to do so if she weren't so fixated by the contents of the basket. Kaito stumbled back when he accidentally strayed too far into the road and was caught in the path of a carriage. The carriage stopped next to them and a man with ruby eyes and violet hair, much like Illya's stepped out. He was tall and slender but still very muscular.

"Ah! What are you doing here! I thought you were still in Gobeithio. I was just on my way to the palace to call you." Illya exclaimed.

The man stayed silent and looked between Illya and the curious duo behind her.

"Guests of yours?"

"They're from Myahm Agana. They work in the ancient lab under the old hag."

He looked them over before turning his attention to Illya. "You were going to call me here for this?" He asked in an annoyed manner.

"Oh come on Eddie! It wouldn't hurt to socialize every now and then!"

He kissed his teeth. "How many times have I told you not to call me that!"