Tegun Hen Tīkuni Se Morghon-Court of Wings and Ruin

Astrid and Tobi stood behind Henaer, more wary than when they first arrived. They had her sudden outburst to thank for that. They watched her summon a ripple in the void from which Illya could be seen. They stood by as Henaer occasionally spoke into it, not wanting to incur another uncalled for, fit of rage. They didn't have to worry for long because determined footsteps began to echo in the darkness that surrounded them. Henaer turned around and narrowed her eyes, a smirk forming at her lips. The tapping of heels became louder and louder until Illya's figure emerged from the shadows. Her tense visage, visibly relaxing when she spotted Astrid. Illya locked eyes with Henaer and Henaer smiled.

"It's good to see you...my beloved niece."

"Cut the crap Henaer. I'm not here for you. I came to get them back."

Henaer shrugged. "I'm surprised. An intelligent, calculating woman like you couldn't figure it out..."

Illya rose an eyebrow. "Figure wh—" She gasped as it suddenly made sense.

Why Astrid was kidnapped.

Why they were kept here until she finished the trial.

It was a trap.

Before Illya could even make an escape portal, Henaer had shoved Tobi and Astrid through another and was at Illya's throat. Her eyes, wide with triumph. "You...You were my goal Illya. I heard from the boy. That you received a message from my beloved."

Illya struggled against her vice like grip. "What...of it?" She choked out.

"...you're absolutely sure you still want to refuse my offer to join me? Even after knowing what your parents did?"

Illya scowled. "This has nothing to do with them."

Henaer tightened her grip on Illya's neck. "It has everything to do with them! Your father, my dearest elder brother...he betrayed me. Because my ambitions outgrew his, he locked me away, caged me like an animal, told me I was wrong and went on and on about how the world needed light. Did he forget the countless wars he fought, the people he slaughtered? He threw me away into this empty void and left me here to rot for eons. EONS ILLYA! If that wasn't bad enough, your damned mother decided to seal my beloved away in her wretched statue just because she couldn't agree with his business tactics.

We were abandoned because of our ideals and all this time my heart has harbored nothing but immense hatred for them. Now that I have you, I'll finally be able to break free of this void and lay waste to all of his creation. I'll destroy it all. The world he fought so desperately to create, the world he chose over me, his little sister. My darkness will envelop it all and plunge the world into an endless slumber."

"I...can't...allow your monsters...to run wild." Illya croaked

"...some call this realm a realm of demons. The place where all the monsters hide...but that makes it sound so unpleasant. The darkness here holds a serene beauty. You've seen it yourself haven't you? Whenever dusk falls over your world and the stars cloak the sky. Everyone shall come to know this soon enough."

Henaer shoved Illya back. Shadowy thorns sprouted from behind her and wrapped themselves around her body When they did, Henaer waved her over and and her glowing eyes seem to glow brighter. Her hands began to emit a soft blue glow as well. With Illya immobilized, she took her time preparing. Illya struggled against the thrones. Illya felt a strange kind of pain. Instead of bleeding, when the thorns pierced her soft skin, they drained her further of her strength, of her shi. Henaer placed her hands on Illya and Illya convulsed in pain.

"Shh. It'll be over soon. You're going to be part of me whether you like it or not. Then I'll be able to use your power to break out if here." She whispered.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Sora stood on the balcony to Illya's chambers. He was lost in thought when Seibel burst through the doors. "Your highness! The Princess! She's returned!"

Sora whirled around. "What?"

"There's someone else, a young man named Tobi."

Sora would have immediately gone out there to behead the boy if it weren't for his recalling of the letters Illya sent him, mentioning the spy. Sora quickly made his way out into the courtyard, where Astrid and Tobi were spat out of the portal. Sora spotted the disheveled little nymph and rushed to her. He wrapped his hands around her protectively.

"Oh thank god you're okay!" He breathed.

"Papa! Mama is in trouble!"

The anxiety returned just as quickly as it left. "What do you mean?"

"Henaer pushed us through a portal when Illya showed up. We were used as bait."

Sora didn't even have time to respond because not two seconds later Erebus teleported into view. "Something's wrong with the void."

Sora sighed in frustration. "What's wrong?"

"There's been a sudden increase in magical energy within the void. It's been expending dark shi for about four minutes now. Something must have happened with Henaer."

"Apparently Henaer used Astrid and this boy as bait. She wanted Illya for something."

Erebus thought for a moment. When it hit him, his eye widened. "We have to get to the capital! Now!"

A look of confusion briefly crossed Sora's face. It was soon replaced with a look of realization. "That's right! The Apparatus Laboratory was underneath the Tower in the capital! Isn't that where the incident with Henaer first took place all those years ago? You think the capital is in danger?"

Erebus nodded. Sora sprung into action. "Seibel, make preparations. We're leaving for the capital. Astrid you...and the boy wait here in the palace."

Seibel nodded and took off. Less than ten minutes later, they were making haste to the capital.

****Author's Note****

Looks like Henaer's master plan is coming to fruition! If you found this chapter interesting why not leave a comment and vote! I'd really like to know what you think! If you have a question that you would like answered by any of the characters, be sure to head on to Agu-Teasers where you can leave a comment with your question for it to be answered by them! Thanks for reading! Stay tuned to see how Henaer's plan unfolds!