Se Dārys Hen Sindaria-The King of Sindaria

Tobi stood in front of King and explained that he wanted to break from his affiliation with Sindaria and travel the world in an attempt to broaden his horizon. At least that's the excuse he went with. As for his report he told them that when he arrived he noticed that something was off and soon it was though the world itself were ending. He said that he had managed to steal what was in her room before escaping and handed the king the fake book Illya had given him. He wanted to sound inconspicuous enough so that he knew Tobi meant no harm and was totally not about to hightail it over to his sworn enemy. In all honesty, Sana probably already knew. Or at least suspected what was going on.

He wasn't a stupid man. If he was he would not have been able to amass such a prosperous Empire. The King remained silent through Tobi's explanation, maintaining his dignified smile. Behind it however, was an incredibly calculating and ambitious man. Some may say a little too ambitious. While people like Illya saw through his sweet words and gentle gestures, many revered him as a great king. His intelligence and hunger for victory rivaled that of Illya's. So much so, that he believed he had a right to her hand in marriage. Of course that just piled onto the reasons why she couldn't stand him.

He wasn't always that arrogant though. Like most great heroes of the world he began as the son of a rather poor family, but also like most great heroes of the world, he was loved by the shi, the very fabric of the world itself adored him, granting him magical abilities that were nearly on par with Illya. If he closed his eyes and thought for a moment, he could almost feel the warmth of the sun and hear the song of the birds the day he first realized his power in one of Sheila's shrines. Yet the look in his eyes as he sat listening to the young man in front of him held a darkness that was just as easily hidden behind a tender smile.

The King agreed that Tobi should go and learn about the world just as he had done in his youth. "You're young. You have much to learn about life. Go and embrace the world. There will always be a place for you here should you chose to return."

Sana was incredibly calculating. If one of his people saw fit to leave and side with his enemies, it did not bother him one bit. After all, he was so very confident in his ability to triumph over them regardless. He also believed that if nothing else, a person was free to grasp their destiny and mould it with their own hands, with only themselves to blame for whatever consequences should come of it. So he let Tobi go. Tobi thanked him for his hospitality during the time he spent in their kingdom and left.

Tobi could tell that Sana already guessed where he was going, but there wasn't much he could do about it. Illya had already planted the seeds in his head, trying to make him see what his future would hold if he remained at Sana's side and as he looked up at the great King and felt himself drown in his imperious gaze, he felt a very vague sense of understanding. It was no secret to Sana's aids that his calculating nature was matched with a controlling, manipulative one and the last thing he wanted was to end up as a mere lap dog for a cold and manipulative King. While it was true Sana cared deeply for his people, even a blind man could see that his greed for more would lead him down a path of destruction, a path Illya was far too familiar with to be bothered paying heed to and so Tobi made his choice.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

{Present day}

Tekina and Kaito walked with Illya and Sora back to the palace.

"I was surprised when you said you wanted to award Nikiro status here." said Kaito

Sora chuckled. "It's only natural to be rewarded for such deeds."

Illya nodded in agreement. "You've raised him well. He's got a good head on his shoulders."