Lumina Lentor-Lumina Town

Despite their protective gems, they still felt the effects of the rift. The intensity of the magical energy disregarded, however, fit they were and weighed on them heavily. By the final stretch, their legs felt as though they were forcing themselves through hardened cement and everyone was gasping for air, sweat drenching their bodies and their chests heaving as they struggled for oxygen. The second they set foot into Aruma An, however, a wave of fresh air hit them and all of their ailings vanished. They all collapsed onto the sandy shore and watched as the oceanic rift behind them closed up. For a moment everyone decided to stay there, lying on the beach.

"Where...are we on the map?" Avarice gasped out.

Tekina pulled out the map and scanned it.
"North East end of the Aruma ruins. We're  on the east shore of the Ōños Egrio beach. That spiraling piece of land is the Tir Peninsula, we wanna avoid that place."

Tekina checked the little notes that Illya had included with the map.

"According to Illya, there's a bunch of monsters roaming around the area over there. It looks like if we move straight ahead and climb the hill south to us, we'll find a road. If we keep following it south we should be able to see a town."

"Perfect. Looks like the sun is setting too so we should be able to find some shelter." Sora noted.

Perhaps it was the long march through the intense rift that tired Sin out. Either way, neither he nor Avarice had the energy to continue their fight from earlier. The group walked haggardly up the hill and down the road. As soon as they got onto the road, they could see across the wide plains in the distance, was a piece of land that was well above the water and connected to the mainland through a long piece of land that's served as some kind of bridge.

"That must be the town," Nikiro stated.

"Yeah. It looks small." Noted Sin.

As they approached the town, the first thing they noticed was that the houses were set up in a small semi circle. There was a fountain in the center that held a statue of Illya's mother. The lights in the village lamps twinkled warmly as the sunset. When they crossed the threshold, an elderly couple, who looked like they had been taking a stroll around town, waved hello at them.

"Good evening. You all travelers?" Asked the old man.

Sora smiled at the couple and nodded. "You could say that."

The old man chuckled. "I can tell. You're most definitely not from Aruma An."

"Is it that obvious?" Sora mused.

"Oh, it's plain as day. Arunian humans sure don't look like you lot and there's not a single race that resembles you either." The old woman chimed.

The old couple shifted their attention to Avarice and Sin. The old man briefly let go of his wife's hand and stumbled towards Sin. He raised his shaky hands. Sin instinctively bent down so the man didn't have to stretch so much since he was much shorter due to his hunched over back. The man cupped Sin's face, his dry, rough hands rubbed against Sin's face. The old man squinted as he brought Sin's face closer.

"My boy...you...look rather familiar."

Sin laughed. "My mom is Illya. Have you met her before? Maybe that's why I look so familiar."

The old couple's eyes lit up and the man let go of him.

"You're the princess' son? Of course, we know her. She helped build this town! Gave us a safe place to stay, away from all those monsters."

Sin smiled. "This is my dad and my younger brother and these are our friends. We're actually here to search for someone. She's not from here either. I believe she's been travelling around here selling her medicines and potions."

The old woman nodded in recollection. "Ah yes! We know her too. She often comes by here to sell to us since we're quite a ways away from any other town and there are only two stables near us but they don't get many travelers given that this location is further away from the more put together villages. So the young folk often have to venture out to get supplies for the town and we make do with the medicine and potions she brings. In fact, she was here just a couple days ago. Gone now though."

"Do you know where she was headed?" Asked Sora

The old man ushered them inside. "There'll be plenty of time to search for her tomorrow. The sun is almost down. You folks should rest in the inn and get started tomorrow."

The couple lead them to the house directly left of the entrance. In front of it was a small little pathway to the door lines with two rows of flower beds. At the front, next to the flowers were two small pillars with crescent moons on them. They followed the couple inside where a tall, skinny man stood at a counter.

His wrinkled face contorted into a smile when he saw them."Welcome to the town of Lumina. How can I help you?" He croaked.

They could tell that he was an older man and judging from his physical features, he was no doubt of the Onkve race, what with his fish like visage. He was skinny and held his hands behind his back which was seemed to curve forward, making him a pear much shorter than he actually was.

"These boys are the Princess' husband and sons and these two are friends. They've come searching for the medicine woman. We told them to rest here today and start tomorrow."

The man at the counter became visibly more chipper when Illya was mentioned. "Ah! Right, this way!"

They were lead upstairs where a couple rows of bed awaited them in the small space.

"I shall bring you all something to eat. Please make yourselves comfortable."

The old couple bid everyone goodbye and headed home. Everyone took a bed and sat down, reveling in the warmth and coziness of the entire place. The man returned with bowls of soup.

"It gets quite cold during the night here. This humble servant Gray, doesn't have much to offer but please help yourselves." He spoke as he served them their meals.

Sora took a sip of his soup and smiled. "It's very tasty. Thank you very much this is more than enough."

The man shook his head. "I am pleased you think so, Highness. As long as I can continue to help the Princess in the name of Goddess Sheila, I am happy."

"You know my mother too?" Asked Sin as he gobbled up his soup.

"Why yes. Everyone knows of the Princess. Ever since she first set foot into these old lands she's made quite the difference. Granted many places remain in a state of ruin and there are still monsters that creep about seeking revenge for their fallen master, but because of Princess Illya's journeys across these lands, we live in a much safer and peaceful place now. That goes for everyone here in Aruma An."

Avarice stared down at his reflection in the bowl of soup.

"Could...could you tell us what she was like?"

Everyone turned to face him. Gray perked up excitedly, as he sat up his ribs ripped in his chest.

"Of course! Oh, where to start..."

****Author's Note****

They finally made it to the ruins of Aruma An!! If you're excited to see what comes next then how about leaving a vote and maybe a comment! If you want to ask any of the characters a question then please head over to Agu-Teasers and leave a comment on the latest chapter with your questions for them to answer.  If you want to check out some of places and people that settings in the story are based off of, please head over to Agu Picture Book. Thanks for reading!!